Y! Calendar everlasting bug

  • GuillaumeB
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 7, 2010
      Should anyone actually be working on Yahoo! calendar...

      Since the very beginning of the Calendar beta there is is persistent bug with Google Chrome. In month view, when selecting a date at the bottom of the screen, around the 20 something of the month, it fails to let me scroll.
      See a screenshot here : http://is.gd/eYG34
    • glenna369
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 7, 2010
        This is a serious issue. Thank you for reporting it, Guillaume. I have filed a ticket on it so the team that is working on calendar (there is a team on it) will know about it and hopefully address it. Here is the tracking info:

        Ticket 3961410 - Beta Calendar does not scroll correctly on Chrome

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "GuillaumeB" <guillaume@...> wrote:

        > Should anyone actually be working on Yahoo! calendar...
        >
        > Since the very beginning of the Calendar beta there is is persistent bug with Google Chrome. In month view, when selecting a date at the bottom of the screen, around the 20 something of the month, it fails to let me scroll.
        > See a screenshot here : http://is.gd/eYG34

      • shazen27
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 7, 2010
          I have noticed this same bug using the Safari browser with Mac OSX

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "GuillaumeB" <guillaume@...> wrote:

          > Should anyone actually be working on Yahoo! calendar...
          >
          > Since the very beginning of the Calendar beta there is is persistent bug with Google Chrome. In month view, when selecting a date at the bottom of the screen, around the 20 something of the month, it fails to let me scroll.
          > See a screenshot here : http://is.gd/eYG34

        • Glenna M
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 8, 2010
            Yes, I noted the issue as a multi-browser issue in the ticket. The problem appears in Safari and Chrome, but not in Firefox (or at least not Firefox 3.6 which is what I run).

            Thanks!

            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 9, 2010
              You're welcome, I mostly use WebKit-based browsers and I have to say this has prevented me from fully embracing the calendar.

              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 9, 2010
                unfortunately, even on the right browser, it's still an unfinished product lacking many of the features and speed that google has had for years. Shame as the main idea of the days expanding when clicking on them is a neat solution to space saving and ease of use.

                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 10, 2010
                  Hopefully we can improve on that. The engineer who was assigned ticket I filed for you has made the fix and it should be pushed to production soon.