Re: Subject-O-Matique

  • Rodney
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 2, 2010
      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "justkenneth" <justkenneth@...> wrote:

      > While composing an email in Yahoo!, try clicking on the "Subject:" button. Try clicking it repeatedly. There's an Easter egg I hadn't heard about before.

      That's a feature carried over from the oddpost.com days, the email service that Yahoo bought and developed into their current service. I was a member back then and they asked members for funny subject lines. one of mine is still in there :)
    • Cindy Cozad-Rudinger
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 4, 2010
        I tried it, but nothing happens. Did they get rid of the easter egg?

        --- On Thu, 9/2/10, Rodney <yahoo@...> wrote:
        That's a feature carried over from the oddpost.com days, the email service that Yahoo bought and developed into their current service. I was a member back then and they asked members for funny subject lines. one of mine is still in there :)

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "justkenneth" <justkenneth@...> wrote:
        > While composing an email in Yahoo!, try clicking on the "Subject:" button.  Try clicking it repeatedly.  There's an Easter egg I hadn't heard about before.

      • The Old Sled Shed
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 13, 2010
          Interesting..."the oddpost.com days" occurred before Yahoo digested Rocketmail [I forget the year]. At the time, I found Rocketmail to be the most advanced e-mail service available, using "bleeding edge" web innovations such as JavaScript, re-sizable frames, etc. Alas, Yahoo stripped out some of this functionality soon after taking over.

          ** ttfn, The Old Sled Shed **
          ** TheOldSledShed@... **