Re: Increase in Spam...?

  • king_kahoutek
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 13, 2010
      And since posting here my spam has quadrupled. GREAT JOB, YAHOO!

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "king_kahoutek" <mcm1@...> wrote:

      > Hard to believe they can't do something about spam. Such a waste of bandwidth, electricity, time. I get about 25 a day, and that is down from 75 or more in 2002.
      >
      > Seems to me one team of 5 could cut the spam in half in a month.
      >
      > Maybe the Powers that Be in the Internet World don't WANT to eliminate spam?
      >
      > Spammer companies pay to have their spam sent. There must be a choke point somewhere.
      >
      > Yahoo spam filters are good, if a little erratic. Sometimes something I want and receive regularly goes into the Spam Folder automatically.
      >
      > And if I send myself an email to my own address, THAT is AUTOMATICALLY Spam. Go figure.
      >
      > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "randall_shimizu" <randall.shimizu@> wrote:
      > >

      > > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "randall_shimizu" <randall.shimizu@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Has anyone been noticing a slight increase in Spam. I was getting 2 or 3 spam emails. Recently it has increased to 7 or 8 a day. I notice that some of them come right after another late at night.
      > > >
      > > The number of spams finally dropped back down to 2 or 3 a day in the beginning of August.

    • Shal Farley
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 14, 2010
        Harryh,

        >So onto Spamcop for reporting. Spamcop reporting will usually
        >target the Yahoo group server IP, not necessarily the real
        >sender IP.

        There's a work-around for that. After you paste the full headers onto Spamcop's form, look for all the "X-Received:" headers and trim off the two characters "X-" in each, so that it reads as an ordinary "Received:" header. When Yahoo Groups processes a message it converts all the inbound Received to X-Received, and Spamcop does not recognize X-Received.

        -- Shal
      • Harryh
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 15, 2010
          How cool! Thanks for this, I now can do some damage.