Yahoo Mail **IS** getting messages from GMail via POP

  • Henrique de Castro
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 10, 2010
      Yes, it suddenly starts to work and, now, I'm able to retrieve my messages from GMail via POP3 directly to my Yahoo Mail.

      Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior
    • alzagor
      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 7, 2011
        Has anyone found a way to filter out the bazillion Disposable Email Addresses in the "FROM" dropdown when composing a new email yet?
      • makc666
        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 8, 2011
          I don't know why they still didn't implement or in other words - returned back an old option which allows to select which Disposable Email Addresses I want to use to send email and which not.

          There is no way to filter.

          I will ask them again via my ticket.

          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 9, 2011
            And I'll reforce your request with another ticket.

            --
            Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior

            I don't know why they still didn't implement or in other words - returned back an old option which allows to select which Disposable Email Addresses I want to use to send email and which not.

            There is no way to filter.

            I will ask them again via my ticket.

            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "alzagor" <alzagor@...> wrote:

            > Has anyone found a way to filter out the bazillion Disposable Email Addresses in the "FROM" dropdown when composing a new email yet?

          • jay eversole
            Message 5 of 17 , Jan 9, 2011
              No but wish i did
              Has anyone found a way to filter out the bazillion Disposable Email Addresses in the "FROM" dropdown when composing a new email yet?

            • sy1bzbn
              Message 6 of 17 , Jan 10, 2011
                Are you comfortable with editing greasemonkey scripts? I can put together a script to do what you need fairly quickly, but you will have to add your email addresses manually into the filter string before dropping the script into your browser.

                A nice and friendly interface can probably be done, but that will take a lot longer.

                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "makc666" <makc666@...> wrote:

                > I don't know why they still didn't implement or in other words - returned back an old option which allows to select which Disposable Email Addresses I want to use to send email and which not.
                >
                > There is no way to filter.
                >
                > I will ask them again via my ticket.
                >
                > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "alzagor" <alzagor@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Has anyone found a way to filter out the bazillion Disposable Email Addresses in the "FROM" dropdown when composing a new email yet?

              • Kathy
                Message 7 of 17 , Apr 1, 2011
                  This is only for yahoo mail plus correct?

                  --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "makc666" <makc666@...> wrote:

                  > Issue #2:
                  > The second problem is that in old disposable email address feature there was a way to select from which disposable emails I can send emails and from which I can't.
                  >
                  > Now Yahoo! tells me:
                  > http://www.ymailblog.com/blog/2010/05/change s-to-yahoo-mail-options-disposable-email-addresses/
                  > ------------------
                  > Changes to the `Sending Mail' option: Our current DEA creation lets you pick an option to send email from a DEA. With the new version of Disposable Email Addresses you will now have the option of sending mail from all of the DEA's you create. When you compose a new mail, you can find all your DEA's in the `From:' pick-list.
                  > ------------------
                  >
                  > I am referring to this one:
                  > ------------------
                  > When you compose a new mail, you can find all your DEA's in the `From:' pick-list.
                  > ------------------
                  >
                  > I really don't want to see all my 500 DEAs in the `From:' pick-list.
                  > In old system I have checked only some of DEA's to allow sending emails from them.

                • makc666
                  Message 8 of 17 , Apr 2, 2011
                    Yes. This is for yahoo mail plus.

                    --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Kathy" <kathy_9561@...> wrote:

                    > This is only for yahoo mail plus correct?
                    >

                    > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "makc666" <makc666@> wrote:

                    > > Issue #2:
                    > > The second problem is that in old disposable email address feature there was a way to select from which disposable emails I can send emails and from which I can't.
                    > >
                    > > Now Yahoo! tells me:
                    > > http://www.ymailblog.com/blog/2010/05/change s-to-yahoo-mail-options-disposable-email-addresses/
                    > > ------------------
                    > > Changes to the `Sending Mail' option: Our current DEA creation lets you pick an option to send email from a DEA. With the new version of Disposable Email Addresses you will now have the option of sending mail from all of the DEA's you create. When you compose a new mail, you can find all your DEA's in the `From:' pick-list.
                    > > ------------------
                    > >
                    > > I am referring to this one:
                    > > ------------------
                    > > When you compose a new mail, you can find all your DEA's in the `From:' pick-list.
                    > >
                    > > I really don't want to see all my 500 DEAs in the `From:' pick-list.
                    > > In old system I have checked only some of DEA's to allow sending emails from them.

                  • n5in_ron
                    Message 9 of 17 , Jun 28, 2011
                      One thing that would help a lot is for me to be able to associate a DEA with one or more contacts in my contact list.

                      Then when I send an e-mail to 'John Smith' it would automatically use my DEA I have created for 'John Smith'.

                      I wouldn't have to take the time to search the lengthy drop down list for the DEA I have created for him. The list is unmanageable now.

                      This is critical for me as I find myself often missing the specific DEA and using my default address...which I am trying hard to keep secret...and not succeeding!!!

                      Ron