Re: New Yahoo! Disposable Email Addresses - Issue #2

  • makc666
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 10, 2010
      I have to say that this one was not fixed...

      Now when I create a new Disposable Email Addresses then it is shown in the `From:' pick-list.

      But the "old" (created long time ago) Disposable Email Addresses are not shown in the `From:' pick-list.

      Once again.

      I really don't want to see all my 500 Disposable Addresses in the
      "From" menu.

      There must be a way to select which one I want to see there as it was in
      old system.

      I have the ticket number for this issue 3678471 for a long time. I will have to raise it again throw email.
    • Henrique de Castro
      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 10, 2010
        Yes, it suddenly starts to work and, now, I'm able to retrieve my messages from GMail via POP3 directly to my Yahoo Mail.

        Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior
      • alzagor
        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 7, 2011
          Has anyone found a way to filter out the bazillion Disposable Email Addresses in the "FROM" dropdown when composing a new email yet?
        • makc666
          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 8, 2011
            I don't know why they still didn't implement or in other words - returned back an old option which allows to select which Disposable Email Addresses I want to use to send email and which not.

            There is no way to filter.

            I will ask them again via my ticket.

            Message 5 of 17 , Jan 9, 2011
              And I'll reforce your request with another ticket.

              --
              Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior

              I don't know why they still didn't implement or in other words - returned back an old option which allows to select which Disposable Email Addresses I want to use to send email and which not.

              There is no way to filter.

              I will ask them again via my ticket.

              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "alzagor" <alzagor@...> wrote:

              > Has anyone found a way to filter out the bazillion Disposable Email Addresses in the "FROM" dropdown when composing a new email yet?

            • jay eversole
              Message 6 of 17 , Jan 9, 2011
                No but wish i did
                Has anyone found a way to filter out the bazillion Disposable Email Addresses in the "FROM" dropdown when composing a new email yet?

              • sy1bzbn
                Message 7 of 17 , Jan 10, 2011
                  Are you comfortable with editing greasemonkey scripts? I can put together a script to do what you need fairly quickly, but you will have to add your email addresses manually into the filter string before dropping the script into your browser.

                  A nice and friendly interface can probably be done, but that will take a lot longer.

                  --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "makc666" <makc666@...> wrote:

                  > I don't know why they still didn't implement or in other words - returned back an old option which allows to select which Disposable Email Addresses I want to use to send email and which not.
                  >
                  > There is no way to filter.
                  >
                  > I will ask them again via my ticket.
                  >
                  > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "alzagor" <alzagor@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Has anyone found a way to filter out the bazillion Disposable Email Addresses in the "FROM" dropdown when composing a new email yet?

                • Kathy
                  Message 8 of 17 , Apr 1, 2011
                    This is only for yahoo mail plus correct?

                    --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "makc666" <makc666@...> wrote:

                    > Issue #2:
                    > The second problem is that in old disposable email address feature there was a way to select from which disposable emails I can send emails and from which I can't.
                    >
                    > Now Yahoo! tells me:
                    > http://www.ymailblog.com/blog/2010/05/change s-to-yahoo-mail-options-disposable-email-addresses/
                    > ------------------
                    > Changes to the `Sending Mail' option: Our current DEA creation lets you pick an option to send email from a DEA. With the new version of Disposable Email Addresses you will now have the option of sending mail from all of the DEA's you create. When you compose a new mail, you can find all your DEA's in the `From:' pick-list.
                    > ------------------
                    >
                    > I am referring to this one:
                    > ------------------
                    > When you compose a new mail, you can find all your DEA's in the `From:' pick-list.
                    > ------------------
                    >
                    > I really don't want to see all my 500 DEAs in the `From:' pick-list.
                    > In old system I have checked only some of DEA's to allow sending emails from them.

                  • makc666
                    Message 9 of 17 , Apr 2, 2011
                      Yes. This is for yahoo mail plus.

                      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Kathy" <kathy_9561@...> wrote:

                      > This is only for yahoo mail plus correct?
                      >

                      > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "makc666" <makc666@> wrote:

                      > > Issue #2:
                      > > The second problem is that in old disposable email address feature there was a way to select from which disposable emails I can send emails and from which I can't.
                      > >
                      > > Now Yahoo! tells me:
                      > > http://www.ymailblog.com/blog/2010/05/change s-to-yahoo-mail-options-disposable-email-addresses/
                      > > ------------------
                      > > Changes to the `Sending Mail' option: Our current DEA creation lets you pick an option to send email from a DEA. With the new version of Disposable Email Addresses you will now have the option of sending mail from all of the DEA's you create. When you compose a new mail, you can find all your DEA's in the `From:' pick-list.
                      > > ------------------
                      > >
                      > > I am referring to this one:
                      > > ------------------
                      > > When you compose a new mail, you can find all your DEA's in the `From:' pick-list.
                      > >
                      > > I really don't want to see all my 500 DEAs in the `From:' pick-list.
                      > > In old system I have checked only some of DEA's to allow sending emails from them.

                    • n5in_ron
                      Message 10 of 17 , Jun 28, 2011
                        One thing that would help a lot is for me to be able to associate a DEA with one or more contacts in my contact list.

                        Then when I send an e-mail to 'John Smith' it would automatically use my DEA I have created for 'John Smith'.

                        I wouldn't have to take the time to search the lengthy drop down list for the DEA I have created for him. The list is unmanageable now.

                        This is critical for me as I find myself often missing the specific DEA and using my default address...which I am trying hard to keep secret...and not succeeding!!!

                        Ron