yahoo mail folders

  • rogercabin1
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 1, 2010
      i have an email with my service provider att yahoo now if i move and get a different service provider and i want yahoo mail i need to make a separate account ok so here is my question i have hundreds of short stories saved up in folders in yahoo mail is there anyway to transfer these folders or emails to a new email account of yahoo without forwarding one at a time i went y-answers and when people talk of folders they come back with contacts i'm, not worried about forwarding contacts i'm concerned about all these emails i have stored up that i would lose does anyone have information on this thank you...roger
    • Silk
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 2, 2010
        I'll give you an example.. I personally have a yahoo email account... silkvain@...
        I live in Holland.. i was in New York last week and at a freinds houe who certainly did not have my same provider I was able to access my silkvain@yahoo account..
        \If you were talking about Outlook /express thats differnt.. changing providers should not have anything to do with your yahoo or gmail or aol ect.. account.
        Ask your new provider... Yahoo mhas nothing to do with your provider other than the fact that you use the provider to access it..

        i have an email with my service provider att yahoo now if i move and get a different service provider and i want yahoo mail i need to make a separate account ok so here is my question i have hundreds of short stories saved up in folders in yahoo mail is there anyway to transfer these folders or emails to a new email account of yahoo without forwarding one at a time i went y-answers and when people talk of folders they come back with contacts i'm, not worried about forwarding contacts i'm concerned about all these emails i have stored up that i would lose does anyone have information on this thank you...roger

      • Kenton Ayers
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 2, 2010
          You might find a new provider that will work with Trueswitch. Trueswitch is usually pretty good about moving all the emails and they might move the folders too? I don't remember on the folders.

          To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
          From: silkvain@...
          Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 06:25:45 -0700
          Subject: Re: [Y-Mail] yahoo mail folders

          I'll give you an example.. I personally have a yahoo email account... silkvain@yahoo. com

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 2, 2010
            We have ATT/Yahoo internet at the office which offers Mail Plus accounts to all their users.

            If we go with a different internet, and lose the ATT/Yahoo internet, my boss, say, loses his Yahoo account administered through the ISP.  When he does that, does his Yahoo account get cancelled, or does it convert to a regular yahoo account?

            If he opens a regular yahoo or mail plus account of his own, can he get everything from his ISP dependent Yahoo account transferred over, including the folders?

            That is what the OP was asking, and what I am asking.

            In His Grip,
            Paula McCartney

            "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."  2 Timothy 1:7
            http://www.bereanhouston.org/

            To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com

            i have an email with my service provider att yahoo now if i move and get a different service provider and i want yahoo mail i need to make a separate account ok so here is my question i have hundreds of short stories saved up in folders in yahoo mail is there anyway to transfer these folders or emails to a new email account of yahoo without forwarding one at a time i went y-answers and when people talk of folders they come back with contacts i'm, not worried about forwarding contacts i'm concerned about all these emails i have stored up that i would lose does anyone have information on this thank you...roger

          • Harryh
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 2, 2010
              About the only way I've found is to empty the inbox. Then transfer files from the folders to the inbox. Then use POP3 to empty the inbox.

              > provider att yahoo now if i move and get a different service
              > provider and i want yahoo mail i need to make a separate
              > account ok so here is my question i have hundreds of short
              > stories saved up in folders in yahoo mail is there anyway to
              > transfer these folders or emails to a new email account of
              > yahoo without forwarding one at a time i went y-answers and
              > when people talk of folders they come back with contacts
              > i'm, not worried about forwarding contacts i'm concerned
              > about all these emails i have stored up that i would lose
              > does anyone have information on this thank you...roger

              >     Y-Mail-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            • rogercabin1
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 4, 2010
                this is it i did just what you said and it worked perfectly also if you would use a gmail address it takes all the folders with there messages..i've tried for a long time but this worked ...thank you very much..roger

                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Harryh <harryh89@...> wrote:

                > About the only way I've found is to empty the inbox. Then transfer files from the folders to the inbox. Then use POP3 to empty the inbox.

              • m.hasan a.qayyum
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 6, 2010
                  hello
                  i do not want to receive any email from y mails any more
                  thank you

                  this is it i did just what you said and it worked perfectly also if you would use a gmail address it takes all the folders with there messages..i've tried for a long time but this worked ...thank you very much..roger

                  --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Harryh <harryh89@...> wrote:

                  > About the only way I've found is to empty the inbox. Then transfer files from the folders to the inbox. Then use POP3 to empty the inbox.

                • Sasafrass452
                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 6, 2010
                    At the bottom of this email, there's a link to unsubscribe. You can also set your membership to "no email", by clicking on "edit membership" at the top of the group webpage.

                    **Sasafrass452, aiBR Co-Moderator**