Calendar tab within Yahoo Mail?

  • munching_fritos
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 30, 2010
      It was announced about 5 months ago that they'd be changing the calendar to open up as a new tab within Yahoo Mail, rather than a separate browser window or tab.

      I'm using the beta calendar and I've never seen this feature actually implemented.

      What happened to that plan and why is it taking so long?

      I've been wanting to upgrade to Mail Plus to get rid of all the ads, but I don't like how slow it has been to get new features in and poor communication when things like this are delayed.
    • GuillaumeB
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 30, 2010
        Well I've actually cancelled the automatic renewal of my many years old Y!MailPlus subscription. Y!Mail will get even more social, which means much less focus on technology with no plans to offer IMAP even for Plus subscribers.

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 31, 2010
          I don't know, but I suspect it's been ditched, along with having other yahoo mail applications, as they now work on the new interface which will be released by the end if the year. There seems to be a calendar tab of sorts there, but having lots of tabs open with emails, applicatoons and chat, seems to be gone. Shame but it may make things quicker.

          I'm on my phone at present so can't send link, but on yahoo mail group page there's a couple of photos of the sneak preview of the new version.

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 31, 2010
            A very valid concern. Waiting for latest version before deciding what to do with Plus subscription. If no good, happy to cancel as well. Want to feel I'm getting something for it!

            "GuillaumeB" <guillaume@...> wrote:

            >Well I've actually cancelled the automatic renewal of my many years old Y!MailPlus subscription. Y!Mail will get even more social, which means much less focus on technology with no plans to offer IMAP even for Plus subscribers.
            >
            >--- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "munching_fritos" <thehappyclam@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> It was announced about 5 months ago that they'd be changing the calendar to open up as a new tab within Yahoo Mail, rather than a separate browser window or tab.
            >>
            >> I'm using the beta calendar and I've never seen this feature actually implemented.
            >>
            >> What happened to that plan and why is it taking so long?
            >>
            >> I've been wanting to upgrade to Mail Plus to get rid of all the ads, but I don't like how slow it has been to get new features in and poor communication when things like this are delayed.

          • Sumit Mehta