Downloading only some messages with POP3

  • Henrique Junior
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 9, 2010
      Hello everybody, I do not, really, use POP3 access to my Yahoo Mail, but after configuring my mail client (only for testing the Yahoo POP3 access) I've noticed that all the messages organized in folders are not downloaded, only those in the inbox.
      Is this normal?
    • Sasafrass452
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 9, 2010
        Yes, it's normal. The pop3 server only checks for new messages in the inbox. What you may need is IMAP, which is only available for iphones & cellphones.

        **Sasafrass452, aiBR Co-Moderator**

        On 07/09/2010 11:35 AM, Henrique Junior wrote:
        Hello everybody, I do not, really, use POP3 access to my Yahoo Mail, but after configuring my mail client (only for testing the Yahoo POP3 access) I've noticed that all the messages organized in folders are not downloaded, only those in the inbox.
        Is this normal?

            Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

      • Henrique de Castro
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 9, 2010
          So this means that, besides not having default IMAP access to all mail clients, POP3 is useless too.
          Yahoo Mail desperately needs some updates, or soon it will be swallowed by the other email services.

          Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior

          De: Sasafrass452 <sasafrass452@...>
          Para: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
          Enviadas: Sexta-feira, 9 de Julho de 2010 13:28:42
          Assunto: Re: [Y-Mail] Downloading only some messages with POP3

          YAHOO MAIL OFFICIAL CUSTOMER SUPPORT is available at : http://is.gd/ 54K8A ***Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Y-Mail/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Y-Mail/ join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: Y-Mail-digest@ yahoogroups. com