Re: Yahoo and spam

  • Ruairi
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 8, 2010
      Select an email, and then press the "no spam" button. That tells the Yahoo! SpamGuard that this email address is not a spam email address, and it remembers that for every email from that future address.

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "greatyoga" <greatyoga@...> wrote:

      > I have Yahoo email. I go to my spam folder and there is a lot of email that I want. If I move it to the inbox, the next email by the same person or company will go to the spam box. How do I keep the email I want to always go to the inbox?
      >
      > Thanks
      > GB

    • Donna L
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 8, 2010
        I set up filters and have not had a problem with emails that I want. Selecting the "not spam" button seldom works for me.

        Donna

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "greatyoga" <greatyoga@...> wrote:

        > I have Yahoo email. I go to my spam folder and there is a lot of email that I want. If I move it to the inbox, the next email by the same person or company will go to the spam box. How do I keep the email I want to always go to the inbox?
        >
        > Thanks
        > GB

      • greatyoga
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 12, 2010
          Donna,

          Would you please elaborate on how you set up the spam filters on Yahoo?

          Thanks
          GB

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Donna L" <okiebelle53@...> wrote:

          > I set up filters and have not had a problem with emails that I want. Selecting the "not spam" button seldom works for me.
          >
          > Donna
          >
          > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "greatyoga" <greatyoga@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I have Yahoo email. I go to my spam folder and there is a lot of email that I want. If I move it to the inbox, the next email by the same person or company will go to the spam box. How do I keep the email I want to always go to the inbox?
          > >
          > > Thanks
          > > GB

        • Balbir Singh
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 18, 2010
            unsubscribe

            On Mon Jul 12th, 2010 6:28 AM EDT greatyoga wrote:

            >Donna,
            >
            >Would you please elaborate on how you set up the spam filters on Yahoo?
            >
            >Thanks
            >GB
            >
            >--- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Donna L" <okiebelle53@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> I set up filters and have not had a problem with emails that I want. Selecting the "not spam" button seldom works for me.
            >>
            >> Donna
            >>
            >> --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "greatyoga" <greatyoga@> wrote:
            >> >
            >> > I have Yahoo email. I go to my spam folder and there is a lot of email that I want. If I move it to the inbox, the next email by the same person or company will go to the spam box. How do I keep the email I want to always go to the inbox?
            >> >
            >> > Thanks
            >> > GB

          • Sasafrass452
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 18, 2010
              You can click on "edit membership" at the top of the group webpage, & from there you can either unsubscribe or choose "no email".

              **Sasafrass452, aiBR Co-Moderator**

              On 07/18/2010 08:13 AM, Balbir Singh wrote:
              unsubscribe
            • Howard White
              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 18, 2010
                There seems to be an unsubscribe button at the bottom of these emails.
                Howard

                You can click on "edit membership" at the top of the group webpage, & from there you can either unsubscribe or choose "no email".
                **Sasafrass452, aiBR Co-Moderator**

                On 07/18/2010 08:13 AM, Balbir Singh wrote:
                unsubscribe

              • Barariu Mona Ligia
                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 18, 2010

                  Message 8 of 12 , Jul 22, 2010
                    Thanks for the info. I clicked on the "Not spam" button a few days ago. However, I checked today and it was not there. AHow do I find it when it is not there?

                    Thanks
                    GB

                    > Select the emails you want to go to the inbox and click "Not Spam" button. That way you'll teach the spam engine not to filter those emails to the spam folder.
                    >
                    > "greatyoga" <greatyoga@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > >I have Yahoo email. I go to my spam folder and there is a lot of email that I want. If I move it to the inbox, the next email by the same person or company will go to the spam box. How do I keep the email I want to always go to the inbox?
                    > >
                    > >Thanks
                    > >GB

                  • Howard White
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jul 22, 2010