Re: [Y-Mail] Yahoo and spam

  • Gerry Humes
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 8 4:50 AM
      sometimes you have to do it several days before it learns.

      Gerry Humes
      Genealogy strengthens your roots
      check out www.findagrave.com - Volunteer Photographer
      www.ancestry.com - Family Archivist
      www.rootsweb.com
      www.onegreatfamily.com
      www.genealogy.com
      www.raogk.org -Volunteer Researcher
      Member of Soroptimist International of Santa Rosa
      www.sisantarosa.org

      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 8 7:15 AM
        Select an email, and then press the "no spam" button. That tells the Yahoo! SpamGuard that this email address is not a spam email address, and it remembers that for every email from that future address.

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "greatyoga" <greatyoga@...> wrote:

        > I have Yahoo email. I go to my spam folder and there is a lot of email that I want. If I move it to the inbox, the next email by the same person or company will go to the spam box. How do I keep the email I want to always go to the inbox?
        >
        > Thanks
        > GB

      • Donna L
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 8 4:56 PM
          I set up filters and have not had a problem with emails that I want. Selecting the "not spam" button seldom works for me.

          Donna

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "greatyoga" <greatyoga@...> wrote:

          > I have Yahoo email. I go to my spam folder and there is a lot of email that I want. If I move it to the inbox, the next email by the same person or company will go to the spam box. How do I keep the email I want to always go to the inbox?
          >
          > Thanks
          > GB

        • greatyoga
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 12 3:28 AM
            Donna,

            Would you please elaborate on how you set up the spam filters on Yahoo?

            Thanks
            GB

            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Donna L" <okiebelle53@...> wrote:

            > I set up filters and have not had a problem with emails that I want. Selecting the "not spam" button seldom works for me.
            >
            > Donna
            >
            > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "greatyoga" <greatyoga@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I have Yahoo email. I go to my spam folder and there is a lot of email that I want. If I move it to the inbox, the next email by the same person or company will go to the spam box. How do I keep the email I want to always go to the inbox?
            > >
            > > Thanks
            > > GB

          • Balbir Singh
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 18 5:13 AM
              unsubscribe

              On Mon Jul 12th, 2010 6:28 AM EDT greatyoga wrote:

              >Donna,
              >
              >Would you please elaborate on how you set up the spam filters on Yahoo?
              >
              >Thanks
              >GB
              >
              >--- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Donna L" <okiebelle53@...> wrote:
              >>
              >> I set up filters and have not had a problem with emails that I want. Selecting the "not spam" button seldom works for me.
              >>
              >> Donna
              >>
              >> --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "greatyoga" <greatyoga@> wrote:
              >> >
              >> > I have Yahoo email. I go to my spam folder and there is a lot of email that I want. If I move it to the inbox, the next email by the same person or company will go to the spam box. How do I keep the email I want to always go to the inbox?
              >> >
              >> > Thanks
              >> > GB

            • Sasafrass452
              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 18 5:38 AM
                You can click on "edit membership" at the top of the group webpage, & from there you can either unsubscribe or choose "no email".

                **Sasafrass452, aiBR Co-Moderator**

                On 07/18/2010 08:13 AM, Balbir Singh wrote:
                unsubscribe
              • Howard White
                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 18 6:44 AM
                  There seems to be an unsubscribe button at the bottom of these emails.
                  Howard

                  You can click on "edit membership" at the top of the group webpage, & from there you can either unsubscribe or choose "no email".
                  **Sasafrass452, aiBR Co-Moderator**

                  On 07/18/2010 08:13 AM, Balbir Singh wrote:
                  unsubscribe

                • Barariu Mona Ligia
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jul 18 8:36 AM

                    Message 9 of 12 , Jul 22 1:45 AM
                      Thanks for the info. I clicked on the "Not spam" button a few days ago. However, I checked today and it was not there. AHow do I find it when it is not there?

                      Thanks
                      GB

                      > Select the emails you want to go to the inbox and click "Not Spam" button. That way you'll teach the spam engine not to filter those emails to the spam folder.
                      >
                      > "greatyoga" <greatyoga@...> wrote:
                      >
                      > >I have Yahoo email. I go to my spam folder and there is a lot of email that I want. If I move it to the inbox, the next email by the same person or company will go to the spam box. How do I keep the email I want to always go to the inbox?
                      > >
                      > >Thanks
                      > >GB

                    • Howard White
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jul 22 8:14 AM