Re: [Y-Mail] Re: Android apps are here !

    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 1, 2010
      The Android app crashed the phone?! Oh, unfortunate. Will look out for it

      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 1, 2010
        Yes, and it is excellent!

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Rob Igo <robigouk@...> wrote:

        > so is the new iphone html5 app available?
        >

        > Loving The Music - www.robigophotography.com - Capturing Your Wedding Day
        >

        > Wedding Photographer Photography Warrington Cheshire Northwest Rob Igo
        >

        > ________________________________

      • Rob Igo
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 1, 2010
          where do I get it from?

          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 1, 2010
            FOUND IT!!!

            OK - looks great BUT where is the option gone to "check other mail"???

            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 1, 2010
              Not sure that's available (yet?) Rob.

              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 1, 2010
                Ok, here goes a bit more feedback.

                The best bit of the mail app I think is bizarrely the address book! Having a quick access to all your yahoo contacts is great and MUCH quicker than selecting on mobile web page.

                The graphical interface is also pleasant to look at, complete with all the purpleness of yahoo! The push notification is also neat, though opening up the notification always takes you to the inbox and not the folder the incoming message is being filtered into.

                However, the application currently still has some serious downsides. Personally the biggest one is speed. It is SLOW in every way. Loading up, opening emails, switching between folders being the most noticeable.

                There is also no offline access, making it impossible to use for those of us who commute / work in areas with no reception. The html5 version on iPhone seems to resolve this, but I wouldn't know.

                The above criticisms currently prevent me from using the app on a regular basis, and I'll be sticking for now with K-9 mail app which offers a less visually pleasing but much faster and otherwise perfect online/offline IMAP access to my yahoo mail account.

                However, I should end saying that this is only version 1.0, a very good start and despite its latecoming, yahoo's new support to Android is very welcome. I look forward to frequent app updates...

                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 1, 2010
                  Anything particularly good?
                  How's the offline access that the yahoo blog post mentioned?