Re: [Y-Mail] Y!Mail GUI observations

  • Kenneth Ayers
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 23, 2010
      I agree completely.  They've gone for a much plainer and less appealing interface.  Don't know why.

      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 24, 2010
        They've also dumped the 'All Feeds' RSS feed reader. I wish they would bring that back as well as the button icons.

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 24, 2010
          I would disagree. The new interface (which incidentally has been out for several months, if not more) I think looks more professional and slick, rather than the more cartoony icons they had before.

          Agree it was a shame the RSS feeder was taken away. However this occurred because of a lack of use and to speed up load time. It was also removed at least a year before the redesign, so I don't think this is linked.

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 28, 2010
            Well now would be the perfect time to re-institute the RSS reader, as it could be launched as an application. It wouldn't have to load at all unless users chose to load it by clicking on it. woot!

            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 28, 2010
              Completely agree, but sadly the yahoo mail application area has gone very quiet recently.

              "shazen27" <shazen27@...> wrote:

              >Well now would be the perfect time to re-institute the RSS reader, as it could be launched as an application. It wouldn't have to load at all unless users chose to load it by clicking on it. woot!
              >
              >--- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, G Pollara <gpollara@...> wrote:
              >>
              >> I would disagree. The new interface (which incidentally has been out for several months, if not more) I think looks more professional and slick, rather than the more cartoony icons they had before.
              >>
              >> Agree it was a shame the RSS feeder was taken away. However this occurred because of a lack of use and to speed up load time. It was also removed at least a year before the redesign, so I don't think this is linked.
              >>
              >> "netster007x" <jakk9406@...> wrote:
              >>
              >> >Does anyone else think that recent updates to Y!Mail have reduced the appeal of the interface? The great icons on buttons like reply, delete, send... have vanished, and the colors even seem a little less polished. Remember how it used to look, like this...

            • netster007x
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 4, 2010
                As far as the application area, I'm just wondering when the calendar app will actually run w/in a Y!Mail tab, rather than just acting as a link to the calendar site.

                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 4, 2010
                  agree entirely. Disappointingly this wouldn't be a new app though, just working out something that has been touted for a long time.