Where the twitter feed may have come from

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 8, 2010
      Just realised I did something to possibly trigger this.

      On the weekend I went to the US Yahoo home page, and there found a new app to add - what seems like an official Twitter app. To get this to work, I had to link my Yahoo and Twitter accounts together somehow. The Twitter app only works on the US home page (where it's very good) but not on the UK one. However, I wonder if that authorisation step somehow enabled me to be getting these Twitter updates I've seen this evening.
    • Suzi
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 8, 2010
        I use TweetDeck for Twitter.
        I use Twitter for news from different places.
        I don't Tweet.

        ---
        Suzi
        IL Zone 5
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/puppykisses

        Just realised I did something to possibly trigger this.

        On the weekend I went to the US Yahoo home page, and there found a new app to add - what seems like an official Twitter app. To get this to work, I had to link my Yahoo and Twitter accounts together somehow. The Twitter app only works on the US home page (where it's very good) but not on the UK one. However, I wonder if that authorisation step somehow enabled me to be getting these Twitter updates I've seen this evening.

      • Kenneth Ayers
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 8, 2010
          It's just part of Yahoo! Updates.  You can get updates from other sites/utilities linked to your account so that they appear in your updates.

          http://pulse.yahoo.com/y/settings/share_more

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 8, 2010
            I don't think this is the same thing. That link is for thngs you want to share on Yahoo. For example, when I tweet or favourite a song on LastFm, it comes up on my Yahoo profile (now Pulse). The feature from tonight is actually the other way round, following others' twitter feeds, just like seeing your friends' facebook feed.

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 8, 2010
              Ah, that is different then.  I'll see if I can find a way to link Twitter to my account via the Yahoo! homepage like you did.

[...]

            • ismail johnstone
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 9, 2010
                Its ok

                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 9, 2010