Re: New feature - Twitter feed in What's New?

  • mj
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 8, 2010
      I thought I was seeing Twitter updates when in fact, it was updates to Facebook that were made via Twitter. Some of my contacts have linked their accounts to post to both via Twitter so their updates have a Twitter icon even though it is a FB post. Does that make sense? Not sure if same applies in your case? I am also on UK mail.

      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 8, 2010
        version 2.11.0
        build 397.8
        5/29/10 02:02

        Galaxy version 2.11.0 build 38a

        I don't see this in my account. What build do you have?

        **Sasafrass452, aiBR Co-Moderator* *

        On 06/08/2010 05:14 PM, G Pollara wrote:
        Tonight I was pleasantly surprised to see a new feature in the "What's New" tab in Yahoo Mail. In the Updates section, where I receive updates from Yahoo Connections and Facebook contacts, I now see twitter feeds I follow as well. There is however, no separate tab for Twitter feeds like there is for Yahoo updates or Facebook.

        Is this part of the new Yahoo pulse upgrade (I didn't think this was one of its offerings) or a soon to be announced new feature (though not altogether unexpected) of being able to add a twitter feed in Yahoo Mail?

        Happy to hear from anyone else on this please.

      • Suzi
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 8, 2010
          I have same build.. have the facebook tab but not twitter.

          ---
          Suzi
          IL Zone 5
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/puppykisses

          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 8, 2010
            i was wondering that, but I don't think that's the case. For example I'm getting tweets from companies such as SkyNews, HTC, etc...that definitely have nothing to do with my facebook account. I'm also in the UK BTW.

            I suspect this is for real, and they may just be testing on a few accounts. After all Yahoo signed a deal with Twitter and this is coming sooner or later. Pretty useful for now though still a few things to iron out. But already can see potential of keeping more eyes on Yahoo this way.

            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 8, 2010
              The twitter feeds are mixed into the "All" tab. There's no Twitter tab as such (yet, I presume)

                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 8, 2010
                  I saw that just few minutes ago.

                  ---