Re:New Yahoo! Disposable Email Addresses - Issue #2

  • Gerry
    Message 1 of 17 , Jun 7, 2010
      Mark Risher,

      I believe "challenging" is a very severe understatement of the conditions yahoo sprang on its paying customers.

      Hopefully you have read all the posts here and truly understand what a complete screw up these changes were.

      Let's assume for a moment that yahoo Filters worked 100% correctly (they do not), and that you provided enough to do the job (the number of filters was not increased), then that means you seriously expected people to login to their Yahoo email, see that all their emails that use to go smoothly to their respected folders are now piling endlessly into their Inbox... and calmly go about spending hours creating all new filters. Basically redoing all the work they had previously done and then some (as creating the filters is more work than previously pointing a DEA to a folder). Add to that the issue of no longer being able to set SPAMguard settings per DEA... well I have got to ask again... Did you really think this would be acceptable?

      --
      Gerry

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Mark Risher <mrisher@...> wrote:

      > Hi, Everyone:
      > Thank you for the lively discussion about the Disposable Email Addresses
      > (DEA) and your desire to return to delivering these messages into specific
      > folders. I can understand why this change has proven challenging for some of
      > you, and appreciate your patience as the team is putting the finishing
      > touches on a solution that should address many of these concerns. We¹ll be
      > in touch shortly.
      >
      > As always, the Yahoo! Mail team appreciates the feedback coming into this
      > group. Please keep it coming.
      >
      > Sincerely yours,
      > -- Mark Risher

    • jayant m
      Message 2 of 17 , Jun 8, 2010
        In Yahoo's defense, it is likely that they did not realize the many different ways people use disposable emails. Hopefully, Yahoo will address and correct concerns as they make changes.

        Jayant

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Gerry" <sp1d3rc1d3r-ymug@...> wrote:

        > Mark Risher,
        >
        > I believe "challenging" is a very severe understatement of the conditions yahoo sprang on its paying customers.
        >
        > Hopefully you have read all the posts here and truly understand what a complete screw up these changes were.
        >
        > Let's assume for a moment that yahoo Filters worked 100% correctly (they do not), and that you provided enough to do the job (the number of filters was not increased), then that means you seriously expected people to login to their Yahoo email, see that all their emails that use to go smoothly to their respected folders are now piling endlessly into their Inbox... and calmly go about spending hours creating all new filters. Basically redoing all the work they had previously done and then some (as creating the filters is more work than previously pointing a DEA to a folder). Add to that the issue of no longer being able to set SPAMguard settings per DEA... well I have got to ask again... Did you really think this would be acceptable?
        >
        > --
        > Gerry
        >

        > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Mark Risher <mrisher@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi, Everyone:
        > > Thank you for the lively discussion about the Disposable Email Addresses
        > > (DEA) and your desire to return to delivering these messages into specific
        > > folders. I can understand why this change has proven challenging for some of
        > > you, and appreciate your patience as the team is putting the finishing
        > > touches on a solution that should address many of these concerns. We¹ll be
        > > in touch shortly.
        > >
        > > As always, the Yahoo! Mail team appreciates the feedback coming into this
        > > group. Please keep it coming.
        > >
        > > Sincerely yours,
        > > -- Mark Risher

      • Gerry
        Message 3 of 17 , Jun 8, 2010
          They know that any such major change should have been tested/approved with their user base. There is no excuse for this.

          --
          Gerry

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "jayant m" <jmurthy@...> wrote:

          > In Yahoo's defense, it is likely that they did not realize the many different ways people use disposable emails. Hopefully, Yahoo will address and correct concerns as they make changes.
          >

          > Jayant
          >
          > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Gerry" <sp1d3rc1d3r-ymug@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Mark Risher,
          > >
          > > I believe "challenging" is a very severe understatement of the conditions yahoo sprang on its paying customers.
          > >
          > > Hopefully you have read all the posts here and truly understand what a complete screw up these changes were.
          > >
          > > Let's assume for a moment that yahoo Filters worked 100% correctly (they do not), and that you provided enough to do the job (the number of filters was not increased), then that means you seriously expected people to login to their Yahoo email, see that all their emails that use to go smoothly to their respected folders are now piling endlessly into their Inbox... and calmly go about spending hours creating all new filters. Basically redoing all the work they had previously done and then some (as creating the filters is more work than previously pointing a DEA to a folder). Add to that the issue of no longer being able to set SPAMguard settings per DEA... well I have got to ask again... Did you really think this would be acceptable?
          > >
          > > --
          > > Gerry
          > >

          > > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Mark Risher <mrisher@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Hi, Everyone:
          > > > Thank you for the lively discussion about the Disposable Email Addresses
          > > > (DEA) and your desire to return to delivering these messages into specific
          > > > folders. I can understand why this change has proven challenging for some of
          > > > you, and appreciate your patience as the team is putting the finishing
          > > > touches on a solution that should address many of these concerns. We¹ll be
          > > > in touch shortly.
          > > >
          > > > As always, the Yahoo! Mail team appreciates the feedback coming into this
          > > > group. Please keep it coming.
          > > >
          > > > Sincerely yours,
          > > > -- Mark Risher

        • Kenneth Ayers
          Message 4 of 17 , Jun 8, 2010
            How could Yahoo! not realize the many different ways that people use DEAs?  It's not as if users invented the product.

            It was Yahoo! who implemented and put into production for our use the DEA features, including the number of DEAs you could have, the ability to direct each to a specific and possibly unique folder, and the ability to specify Spamguard settings for each DEA individually rather than all DEAs as a whole.

            It was Yahoo! who advertised via their help pages all of these features and taught us to use them the way they're being used.

            The new implementation for DEAs doesn't cover what Yahoo! allowed for previously so this is definitely not an enhancement.  If the new implementation is the way things must be, then Yahoo! could have at least created some filter-import tool that would have created a regular mail filter for each existing DEA folder designation and raised the number of filters to match the previous number of filters allowed plus the number of DEAs allowed.

            In Yahoo's defense, it is likely that they did not realize the many different ways people use disposable emails. Hopefully, Yahoo will address and correct concerns as they make changes.

            Jayant

            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Gerry" <sp1d3rc1d3r-ymug@...> wrote:

            > Mark Risher,
            >
            > I believe "challenging" is a very severe understatement of the conditions yahoo sprang on its paying customers.
            >
            > Hopefully you have read all the posts here and truly understand what a complete screw up these changes were.
            >
            > Let's assume for a moment that yahoo Filters worked 100% correctly (they do not), and that you provided enough to do the job (the number of filters was not increased), then that means you seriously expected people to login to their Yahoo email, see that all their emails that use to go smoothly to their respected folders are now piling endlessly into their Inbox... and calmly go about spending hours creating all new filters. Basically redoing all the work they had previously done and then some (as creating the filters is more work than previously pointing a DEA to a folder). Add to that the issue of no longer being able to set SPAMguard settings per DEA... well I have got to ask again... Did you really think this would be acceptable?
            >
            > --
            > Gerry
            >

            > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Mark Risher <mrisher@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi, Everyone:
            > > Thank you for the lively discussion about the Disposable Email Addresses
            > > (DEA) and your desire to return to delivering these messages into specific
            > > folders. I can understand why this change has proven challenging for some of
            > > you, and appreciate your patience as the team is putting the finishing
            > > touches on a solution that should address many of these concerns. We¹ll be
            > > in touch shortly.
            > >
            > > As always, the Yahoo! Mail team appreciates the feedback coming into this
            > > group. Please keep it coming.
            > >
            > > Sincerely yours,
            > > -- Mark Risher

          • makc666
            Message 5 of 17 , Jun 9, 2010
              I hoped that I have covered all the issues or better to say problems which we have after switching between "old" system and a new one in my topics:

              New Yahoo! Disposable Email Addresses - Issue #1
              - Problem: The ability to direct each to a specific and possibly unique folder.

              New Yahoo! Disposable Email Addresses - Issue #2
              - Problem: `From:' pick-list issue.

              New Yahoo! Disposable Email Addresses - Issue #3
              - The issue of no longer being able to set SPAMguard settings per DEA.

              New Yahoo! Disposable Email Addresses - Issue #4
              - Problem: Number of available DEAs.

              These are the main huge problems we have!

              Maxim

              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "jayant m" <jmurthy@...> wrote:

              > In Yahoo's defense, it is likely that they did not realize the many different ways people use disposable emails. Hopefully, Yahoo will address and correct concerns as they make changes.
              >

              > Jayant
            • makc666
              Message 6 of 17 , Aug 10, 2010
                I have to say that this one was not fixed...

                Now when I create a new Disposable Email Addresses then it is shown in the `From:' pick-list.

                But the "old" (created long time ago) Disposable Email Addresses are not shown in the `From:' pick-list.

                Once again.

                I really don't want to see all my 500 Disposable Addresses in the
                "From" menu.

                There must be a way to select which one I want to see there as it was in
                old system.

                I have the ticket number for this issue 3678471 for a long time. I will have to raise it again throw email.
              • Henrique de Castro
                Message 7 of 17 , Aug 10, 2010
                  Yes, it suddenly starts to work and, now, I'm able to retrieve my messages from GMail via POP3 directly to my Yahoo Mail.

                  Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior
                • alzagor
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jan 7, 2011
                    Has anyone found a way to filter out the bazillion Disposable Email Addresses in the "FROM" dropdown when composing a new email yet?
                  • makc666
                    Message 9 of 17 , Jan 8, 2011
                      I don't know why they still didn't implement or in other words - returned back an old option which allows to select which Disposable Email Addresses I want to use to send email and which not.

                      There is no way to filter.

                      I will ask them again via my ticket.

                      Message 10 of 17 , Jan 9, 2011
                        And I'll reforce your request with another ticket.

                        --
                        Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior

                        I don't know why they still didn't implement or in other words - returned back an old option which allows to select which Disposable Email Addresses I want to use to send email and which not.

                        There is no way to filter.

                        I will ask them again via my ticket.

                        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "alzagor" <alzagor@...> wrote:

                        > Has anyone found a way to filter out the bazillion Disposable Email Addresses in the "FROM" dropdown when composing a new email yet?

                      • jay eversole
                        Message 11 of 17 , Jan 9, 2011
                          No but wish i did
                          Has anyone found a way to filter out the bazillion Disposable Email Addresses in the "FROM" dropdown when composing a new email yet?

                        • sy1bzbn
                          Message 12 of 17 , Jan 10, 2011
                            Are you comfortable with editing greasemonkey scripts? I can put together a script to do what you need fairly quickly, but you will have to add your email addresses manually into the filter string before dropping the script into your browser.

                            A nice and friendly interface can probably be done, but that will take a lot longer.

                            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "makc666" <makc666@...> wrote:

                            > I don't know why they still didn't implement or in other words - returned back an old option which allows to select which Disposable Email Addresses I want to use to send email and which not.
                            >
                            > There is no way to filter.
                            >
                            > I will ask them again via my ticket.
                            >
                            > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "alzagor" <alzagor@> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > Has anyone found a way to filter out the bazillion Disposable Email Addresses in the "FROM" dropdown when composing a new email yet?

                          • Kathy
                            Message 13 of 17 , Apr 1, 2011
                              This is only for yahoo mail plus correct?

                              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "makc666" <makc666@...> wrote:

                              > Issue #2:
                              > The second problem is that in old disposable email address feature there was a way to select from which disposable emails I can send emails and from which I can't.
                              >
                              > Now Yahoo! tells me:
                              > http://www.ymailblog.com/blog/2010/05/change s-to-yahoo-mail-options-disposable-email-addresses/
                              > ------------------
                              > Changes to the `Sending Mail' option: Our current DEA creation lets you pick an option to send email from a DEA. With the new version of Disposable Email Addresses you will now have the option of sending mail from all of the DEA's you create. When you compose a new mail, you can find all your DEA's in the `From:' pick-list.
                              > ------------------
                              >
                              > I am referring to this one:
                              > ------------------
                              > When you compose a new mail, you can find all your DEA's in the `From:' pick-list.
                              > ------------------
                              >
                              > I really don't want to see all my 500 DEAs in the `From:' pick-list.
                              > In old system I have checked only some of DEA's to allow sending emails from them.

                            • makc666
                              Message 14 of 17 , Apr 2, 2011
                                Yes. This is for yahoo mail plus.

                                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Kathy" <kathy_9561@...> wrote:

                                > This is only for yahoo mail plus correct?
                                >

                                > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "makc666" <makc666@> wrote:

                                > > Issue #2:
                                > > The second problem is that in old disposable email address feature there was a way to select from which disposable emails I can send emails and from which I can't.
                                > >
                                > > Now Yahoo! tells me:
                                > > http://www.ymailblog.com/blog/2010/05/change s-to-yahoo-mail-options-disposable-email-addresses/
                                > > ------------------
                                > > Changes to the `Sending Mail' option: Our current DEA creation lets you pick an option to send email from a DEA. With the new version of Disposable Email Addresses you will now have the option of sending mail from all of the DEA's you create. When you compose a new mail, you can find all your DEA's in the `From:' pick-list.
                                > > ------------------
                                > >
                                > > I am referring to this one:
                                > > ------------------
                                > > When you compose a new mail, you can find all your DEA's in the `From:' pick-list.
                                > >
                                > > I really don't want to see all my 500 DEAs in the `From:' pick-list.
                                > > In old system I have checked only some of DEA's to allow sending emails from them.

                              • n5in_ron
                                Message 15 of 17 , Jun 28, 2011
                                  One thing that would help a lot is for me to be able to associate a DEA with one or more contacts in my contact list.

                                  Then when I send an e-mail to 'John Smith' it would automatically use my DEA I have created for 'John Smith'.

                                  I wouldn't have to take the time to search the lengthy drop down list for the DEA I have created for him. The list is unmanageable now.

                                  This is critical for me as I find myself often missing the specific DEA and using my default address...which I am trying hard to keep secret...and not succeeding!!!

                                  Ron