Re: [Y-Mail] group moderation

  • Shal Farley
    Message 1 of 3 , May 29, 2010
      Gil,

      Those are some very good questions, probably best addressed in one of the groups about groups.
      <http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/groups/original/ownmod/starting/ideas-01.html>

      The short answer is that it is possible, but the requirements and procedure are as yet unpublished. Quoting from a recent post by someone who's done it: "You have to write to Customer Care and CLEARLY state that you would like to have a MODERATOR appointed for the abandoned group, and ask them for their requirements, and how to do it. [Use the regular Customer Care form - NOT the abuse form. Also, do not include/combine any other issues that you may be having with the request for a new moderator. Use a separate form for each issue.]"

      From any Groups page (not an Yahoo mail page):
      Help -> Starting... -> Contact Us -> Tech Support

      -- Shal