Re: ALERT: Yahoo! Mail Plus subscribers - Yahoo! Disposable Email Addresses changes

  • h.hans
    Message 1 of 27 , May 29, 2010
      Yes, I concur, the recent changes are a severe degradation to Yahoo Mail Plus service.

      A variety of serious issues were reported on Yahoo Buzz. See this article and the comments from users:

      http://buzz.yahoo.com/article/1:yahoo_mail_bl498:860287c0a8cdafa3e226c0446d803e73/Changes-to-Yahoo-Mail-Options-Disposable-Email-Addresses

      I suppose there has been no word from anyone at Yahoo on what they are going to do about this. Of the various issues, I did report the problem with "folder delivery" (i.e., some or all of the messages that are supposed to be delivered to a folder wind up in the Inbox), and Yahoo Customer Care declined to accept the reported issue as a bug report. They do not want to pursue this issue.

      The key questions are (1) whether Yahoo will fix this, and (2) whether this is indicative of a new careless attitude toward long-term paying customers.

      This is really disappointing because Yahoo was doing such a good job in the past. And I've been a Yahoo user since the old days, when it was called Akebono.

      I'm interested to know what other Mail Plus users think about this, but I guess most people don't have time to figure out where to go and post comments like this. If Yahoo really wanted to keep their finger on the pulse of what paying customers think, they might start a blog or group just for Mail Plus subscribers, and publicize it to all of them. That assumes Yahoo is interested to know, which is, at this point, rather unclear. Who knows, maybe they are trying to "end of life" the Mail Plus product?

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Gerry" <sp1d3rc1d3r-ymug@...> wrote:

      > Yahoo! has now crippled one of the feature that many of its paying customers have come to depend on. Yes some of us still pay yearly for Yahoo! Mail Plus.
      >
      > A list of the benefits to using a Yahoo! Mail Plus account can be found here: http://overview.mail.yahoo.com/enhancements/mailplus
      >
      > In the past I have suggested a Yahoo! Mail Plus subscription to many friends. The no ads and tag lines in emails, POP3 access if you needed it, no account expiration, and Disposable Email Addresses (DEA) are all pretty good incentives. The biggest one for me has been the DEAs. I use them for most everything. In fact my membership to this Yahoo! Mail Users Group (and dozens of other Yahoo! groups) is via a DEA. I use them when I sign up accounts at places like online stores, newsletter subscriptions, etc. I literally have hundreds of DEAs
      >
      > So to me and many others, the most useful feature that made Yahoo! Mail Plus worth the added cost was DEAs. This month Yahoo! made three changes that have collectively crippled DEAs (severely if you are a big user of them) for its paying customers... and Yahoo! actually touted these changes as feature enhancements.
      >
      > 1. Changes to `Spamguard' settings. Previously you had the flexibility to choose whether you wanted to turn the `Spamguard' setting on for each individual DEA. Now that flexibility has been removed. Its all or nothing for all of your addresses. If you are worried that one of your DEAs will likely receive email flagged as Spam, your only recourse is to turn Spamguard off for your entire mailbox, or keep a closewatch on your SPAM folder.
      >
      > 2. Filters must be used to route email coming to your DEAs into folders. This is the one change of the three that is most troublesome. On the day this change was implemented, many users of DEAs found their Yahoo! inboxes inundated with 100s or 1000s of emails that use to go to defined folders. Now Yahoo! is asking people to set all of these back up using filters. Besides the time to do it, many customers will find they simply don't have enough filters to do the job. The filter limit is still 200.
      >
      > 3. Changes to the `Sending Mail' option. Previously you had the option to select which DEAs you could use to send email from. With the new changes, all DEAs can be used as the 'From' address. Admittedly this change is the least troublesome, but it can introduce a lot of frustration if you have a large number of DEAs. The list of all DEAs is now in your drop-down From address list, and can result in a lot of previously unnecessary scrolling to find the one or two addresses you care to send from.
      >
      > In short, all the DEA changes are a net loss for paying Yahoo! mail Plus customers.
      >
      > --
      > Gerry

    • Kenneth
      Message 2 of 27 , May 29, 2010
        Akebono?  I've had an account since 1998.  Didn't know about Akebono.  I think their email domain was rocketmail.com before I joined, which is why they brought it back as an alternative domain to use when joining nowadays.  Nostalgia.

> [...]

        > 3. Changes to the `Sending Mail' option. Previously you had the option to select which DEAs you could use to send email from.  With the new changes, all DEAs can be used as the 'From' address. Admittedly this change is the least troublesome, but it can introduce a lot of frustration if you have a large number of DEAs. The list of all DEAs is now in your drop-down From address list, and can result in a lot of previously unnecessary scrolling to find the one or two addresses you
        care to send from.

        > In short, all the DEA changes are a net loss for paying Yahoo! mail Plus customers.

            Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

      • Gerry
        Message 3 of 27 , May 30, 2010
          On the yahoo Buzz... yes I'm the one that initially started the posts there about this as well. I also directed others here to discuss it as it seemed like a better place, but as you also commented, most people don't know how (or don't want to go to the trouble) to sign up and complain. Going to Yahoo via feedback or live chat does no good.

          I can't even edit or remove my existing DEAs. My plan is to finally call it quits with Yahoo... at least as far paying them money for a Plus account. But I need to get to all my DEAs as I used comments on them with relevant info to the account.

          They have disappointed my on YIM in the past, and now mail... Its time to give up on them as they have apparently given up on us.

          --
          Gerry

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "h.hans" <hans11@...> wrote:

> [...]
          > >
          > > 3. Changes to the `Sending Mail' option. Previously you had the option to select which DEAs you could use to send email from. With the new changes, all DEAs can be used as the 'From' address. Admittedly this change is the least troublesome, but it can introduce a lot of frustration if you have a large number of DEAs. The list of all DEAs is now in your drop-down From address list, and can result in a lot of previously unnecessary scrolling to find the one or two addresses you care to send from.
          > >
          > > In short, all the DEA changes are a net loss for paying Yahoo! mail Plus customers.

        • Gerry
          Message 4 of 27 , May 30, 2010
            On my inability to edit,remove, or add to my DEAs... I got this response via a live chat:

            Mitch: I have checked on this issue and found that this is a known issue for Yahoo! Mail.

            Mitch: Our Engineering team is already investigating this issue and working on a possible fix. The ticket number for this issue is 3633480.

            --
            Gerry

> [...]
            > > >
            > > > 3. Changes to the `Sending Mail' option. Previously you had the option to select which DEAs you could use to send email from. With the new changes, all DEAs can be used as the 'From' address. Admittedly this change is the least troublesome, but it can introduce a lot of frustration if you have a large number of DEAs. The list of all DEAs is now in your drop-down From address list, and can result in a lot of previously unnecessary scrolling to find the one or two addresses you care to send from.
            > > >
            > > > In short, all the DEA changes are a net loss for paying Yahoo! mail Plus customers.

          • justkenneth
            Message 5 of 27 , May 31, 2010
              I'm still able to edit, remove, and add DEAs just fine. Was doing so yesterday and again today. Perhaps there's another factor which creates the problem like number of DEAs. I only have around six created.

> [...]
              > > >
              > > > The key questions are (1) whether Yahoo will fix this, and (2) whether this is indicative of a new careless attitude toward long-term paying customers.
              > > >
              > > > This is really disappointing because Yahoo was doing such a good job in the past. And I've been a Yahoo user since the old days, when it was called Akebono.
              > > >
              > > > I'm interested to know what other Mail Plus users think about this, but I guess most people don't have time to figure out where to go and post comments like this. If Yahoo really wanted to keep their finger on the pulse of what paying customers think, they might start a blog or group just for Mail Plus subscribers, and publicize it to all of them. That assumes Yahoo is interested to know, which is, at this point, rather unclear. Who knows, maybe they are trying to "end of life" the Mail Plus product?

            • Gerry
              Message 6 of 27 , May 31, 2010
                Yes, most people can. I'm one of those that can't however. It was either mentioned here or the Buzz comments that the cap is now 500. I had surmised that perhaps if you already had that many or more there would be issues, but my last count was just over 400, so while not exactly that reason (over 500), it could indeed be some other magic number for quantity.

                The person who gave me the ticket number 3633480 did not have any additional info other than it was a known issue and being 'worked on'.

                --
                Gerry

                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "justkenneth" <justkenneth@...> wrote:

                > I'm still able to edit, remove, and add DEAs just fine. Was doing so yesterday and again today. Perhaps there's another factor which creates the problem like number of DEAs. I only have around six created.
                >
                > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Gerry" <sp1d3rc1d3r-ymug@> wrote:
                > >
                > > On my inability to edit,remove, or add to my DEAs... I got this response via a live chat:
                > >
                > > Mitch: I have checked on this issue and found that this is a known issue for Yahoo! Mail.
                > >
                > > Mitch: Our Engineering team is already investigating this issue and working on a possible fix. The ticket number for this issue is 3633480.
                > >
                > > --
                > > Gerry
                > >

                > > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Gerry" <sp1d3rc1d3r-ymug@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > On the yahoo Buzz... yes I'm the one that initially started the posts there about this as well. I also directed others here to discuss it as it seemed like a better place, but as you also commented, most people don't know how (or don't want to go to the trouble) to sign up and complain. Going to Yahoo via feedback or live chat does no good.
                > > >
                > > > I can't even edit or remove my existing DEAs. My plan is to finally call it quits with Yahoo... at least as far paying them money for a Plus account. But I need to get to all my DEAs as I used comments on them with relevant info to the account.
                > > >
                > > > They have disappointed my on YIM in the past, and now mail... Its time to give up on them as they have apparently given up on us.
                > > >
                > > > --
                > > > Gerry

              • Gerry
                Message 7 of 27 , Jun 6, 2010
                  Here is the reply from the first chat session today:

                  "Jenny: Please be advised that we've received more than the usual number of reports regarding this issue so it has been escalated to be fixed."

                  Everyone that has issues with editing your DEAs, or more importantly anyone unhappy with the changes to DEAs in general, please log your complaints via the "Chat with us live now" button on the "Contact Yahoo! Customer Care" page below:

                  http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/forms_index.html

                  If you have issues with editing your DEAs please mention ticket #3633480. If you are just unhappy with the changes/limitation introduced with the changes to DEAs, then state that. This will take all of 2 minutes as the chats start fast.

                  --
                  Gerry

                  --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Gerry" <sp1d3rc1d3r-ymug@...> wrote:

                  > Yes, most people can. I'm one of those that can't however. It was either mentioned here or the Buzz comments that the cap is now 500. I had surmised that perhaps if you already had that many or more there would be issues, but my last count was just over 400, so while not exactly that reason (over 500), it could indeed be some other magic number for quantity.
                  >
                  > The person who gave me the ticket number 3633480 did not have any additional info other than it was a known issue and being 'worked on'.
                  >
                  > --
                  > Gerry
                  >
                  > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "justkenneth" <justkenneth@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I'm still able to edit, remove, and add DEAs just fine. Was doing so yesterday and again today. Perhaps there's another factor which creates the problem like number of DEAs. I only have around six created.
                  > >
                  > > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Gerry" <sp1d3rc1d3r-ymug@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > On my inability to edit,remove, or add to my DEAs... I got this response via a live chat:
                  > > >
                  > > > Mitch: I have checked on this issue and found that this is a known issue for Yahoo! Mail.
                  > > >
                  > > > Mitch: Our Engineering team is already investigating this issue and working on a possible fix. The ticket number for this issue is 3633480.
                  > > >
                  > > > --
                  > > > Gerry

                • makc666
                  Message 8 of 27 , Jun 9, 2010
                    I can't understand this one.

                    In email reply Yahoo! Customer Care wrote me to fill the form.
                    The same they told me in chat.
                    And now they send us to chat?

                    Here is that part from chat:
                    You may send a feedback to the Engineering Team to let them know your feedback or comments regarding the changes we have made.
                    Please click here to send your feedback to the Engineering Team
                    http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/yfeedback.html

                    Here is that part from email:
                    Regarding your request for more filters, I'm sorry, but the feature or functionality that you're describing is not currently available.

                    However, our Engineering and Marketing teams want to hear from you about what you would like to see enhanced in Yahoo! Mail. The best way to send us your input is clicking on one of the following two links and completing the short survey.

                    Please note: You will need to be signed in to your Yahoo! account to access and complete the form.

                    For Yahoo! Mail Classic users, please go to this page to tell our Engineering and Marketing teams what you would like to see in Mail:
                    http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/classic/cfeedback.html

                    For All New Yahoo! Mail users, please go to this page to tell our Engineering and Marketing teams what you would like to see in Mail:
                    http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/yfeedback.html

                    Maxim

                    --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Gerry" <sp1d3rc1d3r-ymug@...> wrote:

                    > Here is the reply from the first chat session today:
                    >
                    > "Jenny: Please be advised that we've received more than the usual number of reports regarding this issue so it has been escalated to be fixed."
                    >
                    > Everyone that has issues with editing your DEAs, or more importantly anyone unhappy with the changes to DEAs in general, please log your complaints via the "Chat with us live now" button on the "Contact Yahoo! Customer Care" page below:
                    >
                    > http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/forms_index.html

                    > Gerry
                  • Gerry
                    Message 9 of 27 , Jun 13, 2010
                      Please stay on Yahoo with this folks. Until we actually see a change here, anything they post is simply lip service.

                      --
                      Gerry

                      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "makc666" <makc666@...> wrote:

                      > I can't understand this one.
                      >
                      > In email reply Yahoo! Customer Care wrote me to fill the form.
                      > The same they told me in chat.
                      > And now they send us to chat?
                      >
                      > Here is that part from chat:
                      > You may send a feedback to the Engineering Team to let them know your feedback or comments regarding the changes we have made.
                      > Please click here to send your feedback to the Engineering Team
                      > http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/yfeedback.html
                      >
                      > Here is that part from email:
                      > Regarding your request for more filters, I'm sorry, but the feature or functionality that you're describing is not currently available.
                      >
                      > However, our Engineering and Marketing teams want to hear from you about what you would like to see enhanced in Yahoo! Mail. The best way to send us your input is clicking on one of the following two links and completing the short survey.
                      >
                      > Please note: You will need to be signed in to your Yahoo! account to access and complete the form.
                      >
                      > For Yahoo! Mail Classic users, please go to this page to tell our Engineering and Marketing teams what you would like to see in Mail:
                      > http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/classic/cfeedback.html
                      >
                      > For All New Yahoo! Mail users, please go to this page to tell our Engineering and Marketing teams what you would like to see in Mail:
                      > http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/yfeedback.html
                      >
                      > Maxim
                      >
                      > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Gerry" <sp1d3rc1d3r-ymug@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Here is the reply from the first chat session today:
                      > >
                      > > "Jenny: Please be advised that we've received more than the usual number of reports regarding this issue so it has been escalated to be fixed."
                      > >
                      > > Everyone that has issues with editing your DEAs, or more importantly anyone unhappy with the changes to DEAs in general, please log your complaints via the "Chat with us live now" button on the "Contact Yahoo! Customer Care" page below:
                      > >
                      > > http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/forms_index.html

                      > > Gerry

                    • mark_risher
                      Message 10 of 27 , Jun 14, 2010
                        Hi, Gerry and others:

                        The Y!Mail team is working on a solution to the Disposable Email Address issue raised on this discussion forum, and should have a fix rolling out very shortly to restore the folder routing of messages addressed to these aliases.

                        Thanks for the continued diligence and your efforts to educate others on the group.

                        /m
                      • Gerry
                        Message 11 of 27 , Jun 20, 2010
                          If ticket #3633480 is just for issues with being able to edit DEAs, then it appears resolved (a month after the issue arouse) as I can now edit them. Now this gives me access the the comments for each where I often placed other related info. Now going through all 400 or so and migrating them to a similar feature I created for my own vanity domain. The goal is to get them all done and cancel my Plus account before the renewal time.

                          This whole screw up is just another reminder of why you should never rely on such free email services, even if you do pay for the 'Plus' features. There simply is no SLA for any issue. I have been using this very issue as an example when my users ask why we have mail quotas yet they can get 'unlimited' accounts, or high quotas in the gig ranges for 'free' from the online providers such as Yahoo and Google. I ask them when was the last time they called Yahoo or Google and requested to have emails restored from tape from 6 months ago. Or called and actually had any issue resolved at all in a timely manner (a month to fix something they broke is by no means timely). It doesn't happen as this is the difference between an actual service provider and a company like Yahoo. Toy email accounts, whether you pay for them or not will eventually fail you and there is simply no recourse but to move on to something else. They screwed up YIM and now they are screwing YMail, and I refuse to keep paying them to do so.

                          --
                          Gerry

                          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "mark_risher" <mrisher@...> wrote:

                          > Hi, Gerry and others:
                          >
                          > The Y!Mail team is working on a solution to the Disposable Email Address issue raised on this discussion forum, and should have a fix rolling out very shortly to restore the folder routing of messages addressed to these aliases.
                          >
                          > Thanks for the continued diligence and your efforts to educate others on the group.
                          >
                          > /m

                        • Chuck Neuenschwander
                          Message 12 of 27 , Jun 21, 2010

                            hi

                            when I receive an email with, say, 10 embedded pics,

                            and choose to Forward that email,

                            I end up with 10 attachments in addition

                            and have to spend time Deleting all 10 attachments

                            to send a clean Forward. Irritating !!

                            How do I prevent this from happening...??

                            -chuck

                          • sy1bzbn
                            Message 13 of 27 , Jun 21, 2010
                              Use "Reply"

                              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Chuck Neuenschwander <annandchuck@...> wrote:

                              > hi
                              > when I receive an email with, say, 10 embedded pics,and choose to Forward that email,I end up with 10 attachments in additionand have to spend time Deleting all 10 attachmentsto send a clean Forward. Irritating !!
                              > How do I prevent this from happening...??
                              > -chuck

                            • Ruairi
                              Message 14 of 27 , Jun 22, 2010
                                Could you forward on the chain of messages between yourself and Yahoo! Support to do with that ticket? I've been reading your post and I can't quite understand your point. It seems like you're rambling slightly matey.

                                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Gerry" <sp1d3rc1d3r-ymug@...> wrote:

                                > If ticket #3633480 is just for issues with being able to edit DEAs, then it appears resolved (a month after the issue arouse) as I can now edit them. Now this gives me access the the comments for each where I often placed other related info. Now going through all 400 or so and migrating them to a similar feature I created for my own vanity domain. The goal is to get them all done and cancel my Plus account before the renewal time.
                                >
                                > This whole screw up is just another reminder of why you should never rely on such free email services, even if you do pay for the 'Plus' features. There simply is no SLA for any issue. I have been using this very issue as an example when my users ask why we have mail quotas yet they can get 'unlimited' accounts, or high quotas in the gig ranges for 'free' from the online providers such as Yahoo and Google. I ask them when was the last time they called Yahoo or Google and requested to have emails restored from tape from 6 months ago. Or called and actually had any issue resolved at all in a timely manner (a month to fix something they broke is by no means timely). It doesn't happen as this is the difference between an actual service provider and a company like Yahoo. Toy email accounts, whether you pay for them or not will eventually fail you and there is simply no recourse but to move on to something else. They screwed up YIM and now they are screwing YMail, and I refuse to keep paying them to do so.
                                >
                                > --
                                > Gerry
                                >
                                > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "mark_risher" <mrisher@> wrote:
                                > >
                                > > Hi, Gerry and others:
                                > >
                                > > The Y!Mail team is working on a solution to the Disposable Email Address issue raised on this discussion forum, and should have a fix rolling out very shortly to restore the folder routing of messages addressed to these aliases.
                                > >
                                > > Thanks for the continued diligence and your efforts to educate others on the group.
                                > >
                                > > /m

                              • Gerry
                                Message 15 of 27 , Jun 22, 2010
                                  There has been more than enough posts about it, and if you have a problem understanding then to be honest its not likely something you can comprehend or need to worry your self with.

                                  --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Ruairi" <rhipkin05@...> wrote:

                                  > Could you forward on the chain of messages between yourself and Yahoo! Support to do with that ticket? I've been reading your post and I can't quite understand your point. It seems like you're rambling slightly matey.
                                  >
                                  > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Gerry" <sp1d3rc1d3r-ymug@> wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > If ticket #3633480 is just for issues with being able to edit DEAs, then it appears resolved (a month after the issue arouse) as I can now edit them. Now this gives me access the the comments for each where I often placed other related info. Now going through all 400 or so and migrating them to a similar feature I created for my own vanity domain. The goal is to get them all done and cancel my Plus account before the renewal time.
                                  > >
                                  > > This whole screw up is just another reminder of why you should never rely on such free email services, even if you do pay for the 'Plus' features. There simply is no SLA for any issue. I have been using this very issue as an example when my users ask why we have mail quotas yet they can get 'unlimited' accounts, or high quotas in the gig ranges for 'free' from the online providers such as Yahoo and Google. I ask them when was the last time they called Yahoo or Google and requested to have emails restored from tape from 6 months ago. Or called and actually had any issue resolved at all in a timely manner (a month to fix something they broke is by no means timely). It doesn't happen as this is the difference between an actual service provider and a company like Yahoo. Toy email accounts, whether you pay for them or not will eventually fail you and there is simply no recourse but to move on to something else. They screwed up YIM and now they are screwing YMail, and I refuse to keep paying them to do so.
                                  > >
                                  > > --
                                  > > Gerry
                                  > >
                                  > > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "mark_risher" <mrisher@> wrote:
                                  > > >
                                  > > > Hi, Gerry and others:
                                  > > >
                                  > > > The Y!Mail team is working on a solution to the Disposable Email Address issue raised on this discussion forum, and should have a fix rolling out very shortly to restore the folder routing of messages addressed to these aliases.
                                  > > >
                                  > > > Thanks for the continued diligence and your efforts to educate others on the group.
                                  > > >
                                  > > > /m

                                • Gerry
                                  Message 16 of 27 , Jun 23, 2010
                                    It was going on 3am when I wrote that reply, and reading it now it seems a tad 'not so nice'... So I will rephrase and just say I am through worrying about it personally. Now that I have access again to my DEAs, I'm working every day to lessen the dependency on my Yahoo account.

                                    --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Gerry" <sp1d3rc1d3r-ymug@...> wrote:

                                    > There has been more than enough posts about it, and if you have a problem understanding then to be honest its not likely something you can comprehend or need to worry your self with.
                                    >

                                    > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Ruairi" <rhipkin05@> wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > > Could you forward on the chain of messages between yourself and Yahoo! Support to do with that ticket? I've been reading your post and I can't quite understand your point. It seems like you're rambling slightly matey.
                                    > >
                                    > > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Gerry" <sp1d3rc1d3r-ymug@> wrote:
                                    > > >
                                    > > > If ticket #3633480 is just for issues with being able to edit DEAs, then it appears resolved (a month after the issue arouse) as I can now edit them. Now this gives me access the the comments for each where I often placed other related info. Now going through all 400 or so and migrating them to a similar feature I created for my own vanity domain. The goal is to get them all done and cancel my Plus account before the renewal time.
                                    > > >
                                    > > > This whole screw up is just another reminder of why you should never rely on such free email services, even if you do pay for the 'Plus' features. There simply is no SLA for any issue. I have been using this very issue as an example when my users ask why we have mail quotas yet they can get 'unlimited' accounts, or high quotas in the gig ranges for 'free' from the online providers such as Yahoo and Google. I ask them when was the last time they called Yahoo or Google and requested to have emails restored from tape from 6 months ago. Or called and actually had any issue resolved at all in a timely manner (a month to fix something they broke is by no means timely). It doesn't happen as this is the difference between an actual service provider and a company like Yahoo. Toy email accounts, whether you pay for them or not will eventually fail you and there is simply no recourse but to move on to something else. They screwed up YIM and now they are screwing YMail, and I refuse to keep paying them to do so.
                                    > > >
                                    > > > --
                                    > > > Gerry

                                  • Gerry
                                    Message 17 of 27 , Jun 26, 2010
                                      I just noticed recently that my existing DEAs were again going to the correct folders (and I have no filters for them setup). So Yahoo has helped me out it seems. Hopefully it isn't just me.

                                      Looking at the dates, this started working again on 6/18. Of course I can't add any new DEAs and specify the folder destination, but at least for the many 100s I had setup already, this is working as before. I have no idea if this includes the old individual SpamGuard settings (doubt it), but I'll take whatever I can get at this point. At least until I get all of them going to my new non-yahoo addresses I'm replacing them with.

                                      So despite taking a long time and not being a complete fix, I must say thank you to Yahoo for this change.

                                      --
                                      Gerry

                                      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Gerry" <sp1d3rc1d3r-ymug@...> wrote:

                                      > It was going on 3am when I wrote that reply, and reading it now it seems a tad 'not so nice'... So I will rephrase and just say I am through worrying about it personally. Now that I have access again to my DEAs, I'm working every day to lessen the dependency on my Yahoo account.
                                      >

                                      > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Gerry" <sp1d3rc1d3r-ymug@> wrote:
                                      > >
                                      > > There has been more than enough posts about it, and if you have a problem understanding then to be honest its not likely something you can comprehend or need to worry your self with.
                                      > >

                                      > > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Ruairi" <rhipkin05@> wrote:
                                      > > >
                                      > > > Could you forward on the chain of messages between yourself and Yahoo! Support to do with that ticket? I've been reading your post and I can't quite understand your point. It seems like you're rambling slightly matey.

                                    • makc666
                                      Message 18 of 27 , Jun 28, 2010
                                        Two weeks have past since your answer below which was on "Mon Jun 14, 2010".

                                        Any news about this one?

                                        Thanks
                                        Maxim

                                        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "mark_risher" <mrisher@...> wrote:

                                        > Hi, Gerry and others:
                                        >
                                        > The Y!Mail team is working on a solution to the Disposable Email Address issue raised on this discussion forum, and should have a fix rolling out very shortly to restore the folder routing of messages addressed to these aliases.
                                        >
                                        > Thanks for the continued diligence and your efforts to educate others on the group.
                                        >
                                        > /m

                                      • Gerry
                                        Message 19 of 27 , Jun 28, 2010
                                          Maxim,

                                          My *existing* DEAs started routing correctly on 6/18... Did your not? Or did you create filters for them and can't really tell? I never created any filters as I was so ticked I just started weening myself from YMail... But again, on 6/18 they started going to their previously defined folders and no longer dumping into my Inbox.

                                          This is of course a band aid as it doesn't address the issue going forward with new DEAs (or the ability to change this routing with existing DEAs), the filter short-comings (of both capability and quantity), no individual spamguard, etc.

                                          --
                                          Gerry

                                          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "makc666" <makc666@...> wrote:

                                          > Two weeks have past since your answer below which was on "Mon Jun 14, 2010".
                                          >
                                          > Any news about this one?
                                          >
                                          > Thanks
                                          > Maxim
                                          >
                                          > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "mark_risher" <mrisher@> wrote:
                                          > >
                                          > > Hi, Gerry and others:
                                          > >
                                          > > The Y!Mail team is working on a solution to the Disposable Email Address issue raised on this discussion forum, and should have a fix rolling out very shortly to restore the folder routing of messages addressed to these aliases.
                                          > >
                                          > > Thanks for the continued diligence and your efforts to educate others on the group.
                                          > >
                                          > > /m

                                        • mark_risher
                                          Message 20 of 27 , Jun 29, 2010
                                            Hi, all:

                                            Gerry is right -- the fix to handle routing of DEAs has already begun rolling out and most users should be seeing the legacy behavior of messages directed to the appropriate folders. This was the top priority to address.

                                            The user interface does not yet allow for *editing* these routing rules, unfortunately, so for now you're sort of "frozen in place." We are working on implementing the necessary controls but I don't have a precise estimate yet.

                                            I know this is disappointing, but trust you'll bear with us as we work on this and other high-priority projects for you all.

                                            Sincerely yours,
                                            --Mark R.
                                          • makc666
                                            Message 21 of 27 , Jun 30, 2010
                                              I checked some of folders and "Yes", it seems that something really had begin to work. :)

                                              Message 22 of 27 , Jun 30, 2010
                                                Thanks, Mark!

                                                It is nice to hear about this one.

                                                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "mark_risher" <mrisher@...> wrote:

                                                > Hi, all:
                                                >
                                                > Gerry is right -- the fix to handle routing of DEAs has already begun rolling out and most users should be seeing the legacy behavior of messages directed to the appropriate folders. This was the top priority to address.
                                                > --Mark R.
                                              • makc666
                                                Message 23 of 27 , Jul 20, 2010
                                                  Hi All!

                                                  Just wanted to say that for "Disposable Email Addresses" I can AGAIN use the options:
                                                  - Folder to deliver messages to
                                                  - Use Filters
                                                  - Use SpamGuard

                                                  See screeenshot.

                                                  http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/4388/mailyahoocomdisposablee.png

                                                  Thanks to Yahoo Mail Team!

                                                  Maxim

                                                  --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "makc666" <makc666@...> wrote:

                                                  > I checked some of folders and "Yes", it seems that something really had begin to work. :)
                                                  >
                                                  > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Gerry" <sp1d3rc1d3r-ymug@> wrote:
                                                  > >
                                                  > > Maxim,
                                                  > >
                                                  > > My *existing* DEAs started routing correctly on 6/18... Did your not? Or did you create filters for them and can't really tell?

                                                • littlebear2291
                                                  Message 24 of 27 , Jul 21, 2010
                                                    Yes!!! Me too!!! It's back!!!

                                                    Thanks Maxim for the update!

                                                    I spent *many* hours setting up filters for many (the most active ones) of my 300+ disposable email addresses back shortly after they removed the "Deliver To" functionality...and after chatting with a rep and expressing my *strong* displeasure with the change. While that ended up being a lot of time wasted now and that sucks, I am *ecstatic* that Yahoo! brought this functionality back!!! Woohoo!

                                                    Go Yahoo! Thank you for listening to your devoted customers! I was seriously considering migrating away, and I *know* I'm not the only one.

                                                    Message 25 of 27 , Jul 22, 2010
                                                      I am also glad it had returned. :)

                                                      Message 26 of 27 , Jul 23, 2010
                                                        I am happy to final see this too... but I will not continue paying for the Plus account when mine is up in November. It simply takes Yahoo way to long to correct issues like this. I will no longer pay for any such service that has no SLA.