Re: [Y-Mail] Your thoughts on the new Hotmail...

  • Sasafrass452
    Message 1 of 12 , May 19, 2010
      For Yahoo Mail, I'd like to see a "not in addressbook" filter, more font choices, & a default text color option.

      **Sasafrass452, aiBR Co-Moderator**

      On 05/19/2010 06:12 AM, GuillaumeB wrote:
      ...and what it implies.

      So i'm sure many of you have seen what the next gen Hotmail will look like. What do you think about it ?
      it seems Microsoft it directly targeting Gmail user (http://www.windowslivepreview.com/hotmail/compare/) even though the direct competitor still is Yahoo! Mail and its 350 million users.

      Do you think the new hotmail will be more powerful than Yahoo! Mail ?
      Are there any features you wish would be implemented in Yahoo! Mail in the future ?`

          Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

      Message 2 of 12 , May 19, 2010
        For the font, have you tried the application "Fontself"? Has quite an eclectic choice in there!

        For Yahoo Mail, I'd like to see a "not in addressbook" filter, more font choices, & a default text color option.

        **Sasafrass452, aiBR Co-Moderator* *

        On 05/19/2010 06:12 AM, GuillaumeB wrote:
        ...and what it implies.

        So i'm sure many of you have seen what the next gen Hotmail will look like. What do you think about it ?
        it seems Microsoft it directly targeting Gmail user (http://www.windowsl ivepreview. com/hotmail/ compare/) even though the direct competitor still is Yahoo! Mail and its 350 million users.

        Do you think the new hotmail will be more powerful than Yahoo! Mail ?
        Are there any features you wish would be implemented in Yahoo! Mail in the future ?`

        ------------ --------- --------- ------

        YAHOO MAIL OFFICIAL CUSTOMER SUPPORT is available at : http://is.gd/ 54K8A ***Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Y-Mail/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Y-Mail/ join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: Y-Mail-digest@ yahoogroups. com

      • GuillaumeB
        Message 3 of 12 , May 20, 2010
          AFAIAC, I have illustrated several concepts for Y!Mail few months ago:
          http://goo.gl/7mBz

          The big point in the new Hotmail will be Microsoft Exchange support.. simply a killer feature IMO... and something Yahoo! should have done first to get ahead of the competitors : http://goo.gl/CZLG

          > For the font, have you tried the application "Fontself"? Has quite an eclectic choice in there!
          >

          > ________________________________

        • Sumit Mehta

            Message 5 of 12 , May 20, 2010
              I agree that Microsoft Exchange would have been good. I wonder whether the fact it s Microsoft technology it makes it easier to be implemented for Hotmail. Not sure of the technicalities though.

              Generally, the concept that yahoo in the past hasn t been able to make a jump start on rivals despite having a head start, has been seen before. Just saw that Gmail will soon allow 3rd party apps. I fully expect to see this expand quickly. Sadly yahoo has had this feature for well over a year and the total number of apps is barely into double.figures. I worry that this may turn out to be a missed opportunity to really create an advantage over rival mail platforms.

              On Thu, 20 May 2010 08:24 BST GuillaumeB wrote:

              >AFAIAC, I have illustrated several concepts for Y!Mail few months ago:
              >http://goo.gl/7mBz
              >
              >The big point in the new Hotmail will be Microsoft Exchange support.. simply a killer feature IMO... and something Yahoo! should have done first to get ahead of the competitors : http://goo.gl/CZLG
              >

              >--- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, G Pollara <gpollara@...> wrote:
              >>
              >> For the font, have you tried the application "Fontself"? Has quite an eclectic choice in there!

            • Goutam Nath
              Message 6 of 12 , May 20, 2010

                I’ve been using Yahoo Mail around a decade now, and throughout this time the webmail interface has been steadily updated to include newer features. And ofcourse, considering some of the replies I have seen from the guys, they have a quite a long list to implement.

                I was writing something about Microsoft, would you believe if I said that my Outlook (which has never crashed) just recovered from a crash? So, I’ve decided against it J