Re: [Y-Mail] Your thoughts on the new Hotmail...

  • Rebekah ·
    Message 1 of 12 , May 19 3:46 AM
      Guillaume,
      The new Hotmail/Live might be powerful but I doubt that the vast majority of people ever change email address. New users might go for it. Speaking of email addresses: Your email address is the coolest I've ever seen :)
      I'm still in amazement that Yahoo Mail charge for POP/forwarding.
      Bonne journée from Canada..

      On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 7:12 AM, GuillaumeB <guill@...> wrote:

      ...and what it implies.

      So i'm sure many of you have seen what the next gen Hotmail will look like. What do you think about it ?
      it seems Microsoft it directly targeting Gmail user (http://www.windowslivepreview.com/hotmail/compare/) even though the direct competitor still is Yahoo! Mail and its 350 million users.

      Do you think the new hotmail will be more powerful than Yahoo! Mail ?
      Are there any features you wish would be implemented in Yahoo! Mail in the future ?`

      --
      http://junipurr.net
    • Joseph Singer
      Message 2 of 12 , May 19 6:43 AM
        On May 19, 2010, at 03:12, GuillaumeB wrote:

        > So i'm sure many of you have seen what the next gen Hotmail will
        > look like. What do you think about it ?
        > it seems Microsoft it directly targeting Gmail user (http://www.windowslivepreview.com/hotmail/compare/
        > ) even though the direct competitor still is Yahoo! Mail and its 350
        > million users.
        >
        > Do you think the new hotmail will be more powerful than Yahoo! Mail ?
        > Are there any features you wish would be implemented in Yahoo! Mail
        > in the future ?`

        Better easier to configure filters. I've yet to have Yahoo mail
        filters work well in any significant way whereas with gmail the
        filters always work.

        + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - +
        Joseph Singer
        weekilter@...
        Message 3 of 12 , May 19 7:41 AM
          As well as regular filters, the OtherInbox (aka Automatic Organizer) app works pretty  well I find.

          On May 19, 2010, at 03:12, GuillaumeB wrote:

          > So i'm sure many of you have seen what the next gen Hotmail will
          > look like. What do you think about it ?
          > it seems Microsoft it directly targeting Gmail user (http://www.windowslivepreview.com/hotmail/compare/
          > ) even though the direct competitor still is Yahoo! Mail and its 350
          > million users.
          >
          > Do you think the new hotmail will be more powerful than Yahoo! Mail ?
          > Are there any features you wish would be implemented in Yahoo! Mail
          > in the future ?`

          Better easier to configure filters. I've yet to have Yahoo mail
          filters work well in any significant way whereas with gmail the
          filters always work.

          + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - +
          Joseph Singer
          weekilter@...

        • Sasafrass452
          Message 4 of 12 , May 19 7:53 AM
            For Yahoo Mail, I'd like to see a "not in addressbook" filter, more font choices, & a default text color option.

            **Sasafrass452, aiBR Co-Moderator**

                Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 12 , May 19 7:56 AM
              For the font, have you tried the application "Fontself"? Has quite an eclectic choice in there!

              For Yahoo Mail, I'd like to see a "not in addressbook" filter, more font choices, & a default text color option.

              **Sasafrass452, aiBR Co-Moderator* *

              On 05/19/2010 06:12 AM, GuillaumeB wrote:
              ...and what it implies.

              So i'm sure many of you have seen what the next gen Hotmail will look like. What do you think about it ?
              it seems Microsoft it directly targeting Gmail user (http://www.windowsl ivepreview. com/hotmail/ compare/) even though the direct competitor still is Yahoo! Mail and its 350 million users.

              Do you think the new hotmail will be more powerful than Yahoo! Mail ?
              Are there any features you wish would be implemented in Yahoo! Mail in the future ?`

              ------------ --------- --------- ------

              YAHOO MAIL OFFICIAL CUSTOMER SUPPORT is available at : http://is.gd/ 54K8A ***Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Y-Mail/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Y-Mail/ join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: Y-Mail-digest@ yahoogroups. com

            • GuillaumeB
              Message 6 of 12 , May 20 12:24 AM
                AFAIAC, I have illustrated several concepts for Y!Mail few months ago:
                http://goo.gl/7mBz

                The big point in the new Hotmail will be Microsoft Exchange support.. simply a killer feature IMO... and something Yahoo! should have done first to get ahead of the competitors : http://goo.gl/CZLG

                > For the font, have you tried the application "Fontself"? Has quite an eclectic choice in there!
                >

                > ________________________________

              • Sumit Mehta

                  Message 8 of 12 , May 20 5:03 AM
                    I agree that Microsoft Exchange would have been good. I wonder whether the fact it s Microsoft technology it makes it easier to be implemented for Hotmail. Not sure of the technicalities though.

                    Generally, the concept that yahoo in the past hasn t been able to make a jump start on rivals despite having a head start, has been seen before. Just saw that Gmail will soon allow 3rd party apps. I fully expect to see this expand quickly. Sadly yahoo has had this feature for well over a year and the total number of apps is barely into double.figures. I worry that this may turn out to be a missed opportunity to really create an advantage over rival mail platforms.

                    On Thu, 20 May 2010 08:24 BST GuillaumeB wrote:

                    >AFAIAC, I have illustrated several concepts for Y!Mail few months ago:
                    >http://goo.gl/7mBz
                    >
                    >The big point in the new Hotmail will be Microsoft Exchange support.. simply a killer feature IMO... and something Yahoo! should have done first to get ahead of the competitors : http://goo.gl/CZLG
                    >

                    >--- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, G Pollara <gpollara@...> wrote:
                    >>
                    >> For the font, have you tried the application "Fontself"? Has quite an eclectic choice in there!

                  • Goutam Nath
                    Message 9 of 12 , May 20 1:10 PM

                      I’ve been using Yahoo Mail around a decade now, and throughout this time the webmail interface has been steadily updated to include newer features. And ofcourse, considering some of the replies I have seen from the guys, they have a quite a long list to implement.

                      I was writing something about Microsoft, would you believe if I said that my Outlook (which has never crashed) just recovered from a crash? So, I’ve decided against it J