New Facebook integration in YMail

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 16, 2010
      Hello all.

      Recent discussions in the group seem to have focused (importantly of course) mainly on problems with people's accounts etc...

      For a change, I thought I'd throw open the discussion to one of the latest features in Yahoo Mail: the integration of Facebook within Yahoo Mail.

      Have you got it yet?
      What do you think of it?
      Where do you see it going?
      Do you see it as a good thing or a distraction?
      Any problems with it at the moment?

      Personally, I think it's great, and look forward to being able to follow my Friendfeed within Ymail soon. There are a couple of issues though:

      - for people signed up to Facebook using a yahoo account, you see their Facebook profile picture on emails they send, but clicking on it takes you to their Yahoo Profile page, not Facebook. This is not as good (and presumably the two services will eventually fuse in some way).
      - some people email with one address but signed up to Facebook with another one. Even if both email addresses are in your address book, Yahoo Mail does not yet make the link, and thus these people's emails are not recognised as being linked to a Facebook account.

      Ok, I'll stop writing now, but hope this sets off a bit of a discussion on the topic.
    • shazen27
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 16, 2010
        I have received the facebook update, and I love it! I think its a great feature, and a very easy/convenient way to update facebook than having to go to their site and log in...especially since I spend more time on yahoo mail than on facebook. (and not a distraction, because you don't need to use it if you don't want to).

        I personally would like to see twitter integration as well, so I could post my status to either facebook, or twitter, or both!

        I too notice the problem of even though a facebook friend is in my address book, if their primary email address isn't the one they linked to facebook, their photo doesn't show up...This is a big problem because many students sign up to facebook with their school e-mail address, and after they graduate must update their e-mail address because they can no longer access the school one. It would be nice to see this issue resolved!