Clean Up Duplicates Tool

  • Paula McCartney
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 8, 2010
      Is this ever going to work?  I have been trying for weeks now to get it to work.  It keeps saying they can't do it due to "technical difficulties" and to close and reopen the tool, but it runs for a bit and then says the same thing.  I really need this to work so I can import an updated church directory and merge duplicates!  I don't necessarily care if they are duplicated on Yahoo, but I do care when they end up duplicated on my phone when it syncs.

      In His Grip,
      Paula McCartney

      "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."  2 Timothy 1:7
      http://www.bereanhouston.org/

    • Goutam Nath
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 13, 2010

        Mine is getting is stuck when I click on “Save and Next” for the Contact 1.

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 13, 2010
          Hi,

          Goutam, we will be addressing that issue in our next release.

          Paula, it sounds like there is something going on with your data which is causing the Clean Up Dupes tool to fail. It is my unfortunate duty to tell you that this will probably not be changing in the near-term future. Long-term, we would certainly love to clean up the Clean Up Dupes tool and make it more reliable for broader use cases.

          Thanks,

          Craig Wright
          Contacts Front-end Engineering Manager
          crw@...

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 14, 2010

            Thanks Craig, will be eagerly waiting for it J