RE: [Y-Mail] Importing contacts from Facebook

  • Goutam Nath
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 2, 2010

      Hi Craig,

      It’s working fine now, just imported my Contacts from Facebook.

      However, there seems to be something wrong with the duplicate cleanup tool. As an example, it is not asking me to merge contacts like ‘Goutam Nath’ and ‘goutam nath’. Also can we get an option to merge contacts by manually ticking them and clicking on a Merge button? That will be helpful.

      Regards,

      Goutam

      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 2, 2010
        Great! Glad to hear that is working for you.

        Re: Merge, the logic is very conservative by design. There are a lot of use cases you would think would work that do not. I hope we come back to improving the merge logic in the future.

        Re: select-and-merge, the possibility to make this happen is there. It is just a matter of priority. I did look to do this once as a weekend project, but realized it needed a lot more thought in terms of user experience than I could give it in a weekend. I will just say this would be a great feature and I would love to see it happen.

        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 2, 2010
          Hi Gabriel,

          You are welcome. I cannot "officially" speak to any other issues in Mail, and I would not take what I say about Address Book to be officially "official" either ;)

          In this case, I heard that a lot of people in the Group were having problems with Facebook import. In fact, only one person was. :D  But one person "in here" probably represents a greater number of people "out there," so I take it seriously.

          Thanks,

          Craig Wright
          Contacts Front-end Engineering Manager

          Craig, thank you for feeding back to the group. Much appreciated to have official feedback on this and any other issue.
          Gabriel