Calendar in Yahoo Mail

  • Paula McCartney
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2010
      First all - I just can't believe that you have a To Do list that doesn't allow for recurring To Do's or even to put a due date on them.  I don't get the developers of Yahoo (or Google, or Palm, who actually took that feature away!) don't need recurring tasks.  I mean, don't any of them do the same task every week?  Or have To Do's that have due dates?

      Second, the new Calendar is inferior to even the Classic visually.  You can't view the entire month at a time (well you can, but it's useless).  In the classic calendar, the box expanded to meet the events you put on it.  And since you have to use events instead of tasks for those things you do regularly, or type them in every day or week in the To Do list, the box fills up.  The color stinks.  If you are going to use color, how about letting us pick the color?  It is jut plain ugly.  And the font is so tiny and light it's hard to read.

      If I weren't syncing with a Palm Pre, I'd go back to Classic, but it won't sync.  Of course if Palm had done it right, I'd be using Palm Desktop still and not worried about the Calendar part of Yahoo anyway.

      Finally, I hear everyone asking for a tab in mail, but I don't want a tab that replaces my inbox or whatever else is open.  I would like a tab in mail, but it needs to do like the Contacts tab and open a new one.

      Someone once said, "Don't fix what ain't broke."  Why is it that in trying to improve things, they "fix" what ain't broke instead of just improving on features they have and adding new ones.

      In His Grip,
      Paula McCartney

      "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."  2 Timothy 1:7
      http://www.bereanhouston.org/

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 5, 2010
        Paula
        Some of your suggestions below are valid: the lack of due date for tasks, the lack of being able to rapidly repeat recurring tasks and drop them into different days are ones I agree with.
        Overall though I think the interface has improved, but that's a personal opinion (especially with the new drop down menu).
        As for the tab in mail option coming up, the preview of this on the Y Mail blog: http://www.ymailblog.com/blog/2010/02/coming-soon-to-a-tab-in-mail-yahoo-calendar/ shows that it will indeed come up a separate tab to the inbox, similar to the Contacts app. As for its implementation, it's unfortunately been 6 weeks and still no news.