Re: Incoming email being delayed or never arriving at all

  • Morac
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 25, 2010
      I just had another email that was sent at 7:00 PM yesterday show up at 9:00 AM today. It's from an email address that's always delayed at least an hour or two.

      I found Yahoo's PostMaster page which denies that Yahoo uses "greylisting", but there are indications that it can close or deny incoming SMTP connections for "abusive" servers.

      http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/postmaster/basics/

      What I don't understand is why only Yahoo is delaying emails from certain senders. I'm sure other mail providers have similar restrictions, yet they don't block or delay email. Unfortunately without being able to see the responses for SMTP connection attempts from these delayed emails, there's no way to tell why they are being delayed.