Re: [Y-Mail] Re: Yahoo Mail and FireFox 6

  • Suzi
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 12, 2010
      I did that too.. now my logitech trackball with scroll wheel works  :)
      My other logitech trackball marble.. has button to push to scroll.. that works fine..
      no adjustments were needed for this one.

      ---
      Suzi
      IL Zone 5

      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 13, 2010
        I find that the scroll wheel stops working several times during the day. However, if I refresh the window, then the scroll wheel will start working again. Only happens with Yahoo mail in FF3.6. I keep my other Yahoo email open in IE8 and it is OK.

        Gary

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Suzi <suziknits2@...> wrote:

        > I did that too.. now my logitech trackball with scroll wheel works :)
        > My other logitech trackball marble.. has button to push to scroll.. that works fine..
        > no adjustments were needed for this one.
        >
        > ---
        > Suzi
        > IL Zone 5
        >

        > ________________________________

      • George Hutfilz
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 13, 2010
          I am having the same experience as Gary--the scroll wheel (actually in my case the scroll bar on my touchpad)stops working in beta mail on Firefox 3.6. A refresh brings it back until it's lost again. Very annoying.

          George Hutfilz

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "gary_gladstone" <gary_gladstone@...> wrote:

          > I find that the scroll wheel stops working several times during the day. However, if I refresh the window, then the scroll wheel will start working again. Only happens with Yahoo mail in FF3.6. I keep my other Yahoo email open in IE8 and it is OK.
          >
          > Gary
          >
          > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Suzi <suziknits2@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I did that too.. now my logitech trackball with scroll wheel works :)
          > > My other logitech trackball marble.. has button to push to scroll.. that works fine..
          > > no adjustments were needed for this one.
          > >
          > > ---
          > > Suzi
          > > IL Zone 5
          > >

          > > ________________________________

        • steve_chadheath
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 14, 2010
            I tried the previously posted solution of going into the FF browser about:config page and adjusting 'mousewheel.acceleration.start' from -1 to 0. This seemed to fix the problem - until I sent off an email.
            Another suggestion was to disable the BrowserPlus plugin in FF and this now seems to have cured the problem.

            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 14, 2010
              I seem to have a different issue. I don't have a problem with scrolling anything in Y Mail, except that since upgrading to Firefox 3.6, the app "My Social Networks" has stopped working - can't scroll down or click on anything. It works fine on IE8.

              Anyone else have this problem? I'm going to try the disabling add-ons option, but was hoping for something more specific.

              Cheers

              Gabriel

              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 15, 2010
                Thank you, Steve! I was just about ready to go through the ceremonial disabling of my many Firefox add-ons and plug-ins to look for a culprit when your post hit. Disabling Yahoo's own BrowserPlus plug-in immediately cleared the scrolling problem. I should have guessed Yahoo would break its own mail...

                George Hutfilz