Re: Yahoo Mail and FireFox 6

  • gary_gladstone
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 11, 2010
      Fat finger type...

      I found the solution on the Mozilla site. I have a logitech mouse and needed to add FF to the scroll list of programs. Once I did that, the mouse scroll wheel started to work.

      Gary

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, The Old Sled Shed <theoldsledshed@...> wrote:

      > "...just upgraded to FF6..."
      >
      > You must be about 2-3 years ahead of us. Latest version of FF is 3.6 and I find that it works well with Yahoo Mail [I made the jump directly from FF 2.0 to 3.6 in late January].
      >
      > Most often, such problems are caused by a bad extension. You may want to disable all of your extensions and re-activate them one at a time until you discover which one is interfering with Yahoo Mail.

      > ** **
      > ** ttfn, The Old Sled Shed **
      > ** TheOldSledShed@... **
      > ** **
      >
      > > From: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com <Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com>
      > > Subject: [Y-Mail] Yahoo Mail and FireFox 6
      > > To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
      > > Date: Thursday, March 11, 2010, 4:47 AM
      > >

      > > I just upgraded to FF6 and find that I can't scroll within
      > > the reading pane or within the message pane. I would have
      > > problems sometimes in the past with FF5.x but now it doesn't
      > > work at all. I tested it and it scrolls OK in IE8 and also
      > > tested with just any page and it scrolls OK.
      > >
      > > Ideas? Fixes?
      > >
      > > GAry

    • Suzi
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 12, 2010
        I'm using FF 3.6 and it works great for me.

        ---
        Suzi
        IL Zone 5

        You must be about 2-3 years ahead of us.  Latest version of FF is 3.6 and I find that it works well with Yahoo Mail [I made the jump directly from FF 2.0 to 3.6 in late January].

        Most often, such problems are caused by a bad extension.  You may want to disable all of your extensions and re-activate them one at a time until you discover which one is interfering with Yahoo Mail.

        **                                          **
        **  ttfn,  The Old Sled Shed                **
        **          TheOldSledShed@...        **
        **                                          **

        > From: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com <Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com>
        > Subject: [Y-Mail] Yahoo Mail and FireFox 6
        > To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
        > Date: Thursday, March 11, 2010, 4:47 AM
        >

        > I just upgraded to FF6 and find that I can't scroll within
        > the reading pane or within the message pane. I would have
        > problems sometimes in the past with FF5.x but now it doesn't
        > work at all. I tested it and it scrolls OK in IE8 and also
        > tested with just any page and it scrolls OK.
        >
        > Ideas?
        Fixes?

        > GAry

            Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

      • Suzi
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 12, 2010
          I did that too.. now my logitech trackball with scroll wheel works  :)
          My other logitech trackball marble.. has button to push to scroll.. that works fine..
          no adjustments were needed for this one.

          ---
          Suzi
          IL Zone 5

          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 13, 2010
            I find that the scroll wheel stops working several times during the day. However, if I refresh the window, then the scroll wheel will start working again. Only happens with Yahoo mail in FF3.6. I keep my other Yahoo email open in IE8 and it is OK.

            Gary

            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Suzi <suziknits2@...> wrote:

            > I did that too.. now my logitech trackball with scroll wheel works :)
            > My other logitech trackball marble.. has button to push to scroll.. that works fine..
            > no adjustments were needed for this one.
            >
            > ---
            > Suzi
            > IL Zone 5
            >

            > ________________________________

          • George Hutfilz
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 13, 2010
              I am having the same experience as Gary--the scroll wheel (actually in my case the scroll bar on my touchpad)stops working in beta mail on Firefox 3.6. A refresh brings it back until it's lost again. Very annoying.

              George Hutfilz

              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "gary_gladstone" <gary_gladstone@...> wrote:

              > I find that the scroll wheel stops working several times during the day. However, if I refresh the window, then the scroll wheel will start working again. Only happens with Yahoo mail in FF3.6. I keep my other Yahoo email open in IE8 and it is OK.
              >
              > Gary
              >
              > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Suzi <suziknits2@> wrote:
              > >
              > > I did that too.. now my logitech trackball with scroll wheel works :)
              > > My other logitech trackball marble.. has button to push to scroll.. that works fine..
              > > no adjustments were needed for this one.
              > >
              > > ---
              > > Suzi
              > > IL Zone 5
              > >

              > > ________________________________

            • steve_chadheath
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 14, 2010
                I tried the previously posted solution of going into the FF browser about:config page and adjusting 'mousewheel.acceleration.start' from -1 to 0. This seemed to fix the problem - until I sent off an email.
                Another suggestion was to disable the BrowserPlus plugin in FF and this now seems to have cured the problem.

                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 14, 2010
                  I seem to have a different issue. I don't have a problem with scrolling anything in Y Mail, except that since upgrading to Firefox 3.6, the app "My Social Networks" has stopped working - can't scroll down or click on anything. It works fine on IE8.

                  Anyone else have this problem? I'm going to try the disabling add-ons option, but was hoping for something more specific.

                  Cheers

                  Gabriel

                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 15, 2010
                    Thank you, Steve! I was just about ready to go through the ceremonial disabling of my many Firefox add-ons and plug-ins to look for a culprit when your post hit. Disabling Yahoo's own BrowserPlus plug-in immediately cleared the scrolling problem. I should have guessed Yahoo would break its own mail...

                    George Hutfilz