Yahoo Mail and FireFox 6

  • gary_gladstone
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 10, 2010
      I just upgraded to FF6 and find that I can't scroll within the reading pane or within the message pane. I would have problems sometimes in the past with FF5.x but now it doesn't work at all. I tested it and it scrolls OK in IE8 and also tested with just any page and it scrolls OK.

      Ideas? Fixes?

      GAry
    • The Old Sled Shed
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 11, 2010
        "...just upgraded to FF6..."

        You must be about 2-3 years ahead of us. Latest version of FF is 3.6 and I find that it works well with Yahoo Mail [I made the jump directly from FF 2.0 to 3.6 in late January].

        Most often, such problems are caused by a bad extension. You may want to disable all of your extensions and re-activate them one at a time until you discover which one is interfering with Yahoo Mail.

        ** **
        ** ttfn, The Old Sled Shed **
        ** TheOldSledShed@... **
        ** **

        > From: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com <Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com>
        > Subject: [Y-Mail] Yahoo Mail and FireFox 6
        > To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
        > Date: Thursday, March 11, 2010, 4:47 AM
        >

        > I just upgraded to FF6 and find that I can't scroll within
        > the reading pane or within the message pane. I would have
        > problems sometimes in the past with FF5.x but now it doesn't
        > work at all. I tested it and it scrolls OK in IE8 and also
        > tested with just any page and it scrolls OK.
        >
        > Ideas? Fixes?
        >
        > GAry

      • gary_gladstone
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 11, 2010
          Fat finger type...

          I found the solution on the Mozilla site. I have a logitech mouse and needed to add FF to the scroll list of programs. Once I did that, the mouse scroll wheel started to work.

          Gary

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, The Old Sled Shed <theoldsledshed@...> wrote:

          > "...just upgraded to FF6..."
          >
          > You must be about 2-3 years ahead of us. Latest version of FF is 3.6 and I find that it works well with Yahoo Mail [I made the jump directly from FF 2.0 to 3.6 in late January].
          >
          > Most often, such problems are caused by a bad extension. You may want to disable all of your extensions and re-activate them one at a time until you discover which one is interfering with Yahoo Mail.

          > ** **
          > ** ttfn, The Old Sled Shed **
          > ** TheOldSledShed@... **
          > ** **
          >
          > > From: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com <Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com>
          > > Subject: [Y-Mail] Yahoo Mail and FireFox 6
          > > To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
          > > Date: Thursday, March 11, 2010, 4:47 AM
          > >

          > > I just upgraded to FF6 and find that I can't scroll within
          > > the reading pane or within the message pane. I would have
          > > problems sometimes in the past with FF5.x but now it doesn't
          > > work at all. I tested it and it scrolls OK in IE8 and also
          > > tested with just any page and it scrolls OK.
          > >
          > > Ideas? Fixes?
          > >
          > > GAry

        • Suzi
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 12, 2010
            I'm using FF 3.6 and it works great for me.

            ---
            Suzi
            IL Zone 5

            You must be about 2-3 years ahead of us.  Latest version of FF is 3.6 and I find that it works well with Yahoo Mail [I made the jump directly from FF 2.0 to 3.6 in late January].

            Most often, such problems are caused by a bad extension.  You may want to disable all of your extensions and re-activate them one at a time until you discover which one is interfering with Yahoo Mail.

            **                                          **
            **  ttfn,  The Old Sled Shed                **
            **          TheOldSledShed@...        **
            **                                          **

            > From: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com <Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com>
            > Subject: [Y-Mail] Yahoo Mail and FireFox 6
            > To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
            > Date: Thursday, March 11, 2010, 4:47 AM
            >

            > I just upgraded to FF6 and find that I can't scroll within
            > the reading pane or within the message pane. I would have
            > problems sometimes in the past with FF5.x but now it doesn't
            > work at all. I tested it and it scrolls OK in IE8 and also
            > tested with just any page and it scrolls OK.
            >
            > Ideas?
            Fixes?

            > GAry

                Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

          • Suzi
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 12, 2010
              I did that too.. now my logitech trackball with scroll wheel works  :)
              My other logitech trackball marble.. has button to push to scroll.. that works fine..
              no adjustments were needed for this one.

              ---
              Suzi
              IL Zone 5

              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 13, 2010
                I find that the scroll wheel stops working several times during the day. However, if I refresh the window, then the scroll wheel will start working again. Only happens with Yahoo mail in FF3.6. I keep my other Yahoo email open in IE8 and it is OK.

                Gary

                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Suzi <suziknits2@...> wrote:

                > I did that too.. now my logitech trackball with scroll wheel works :)
                > My other logitech trackball marble.. has button to push to scroll.. that works fine..
                > no adjustments were needed for this one.
                >
                > ---
                > Suzi
                > IL Zone 5
                >

                > ________________________________

              • George Hutfilz
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 13, 2010
                  I am having the same experience as Gary--the scroll wheel (actually in my case the scroll bar on my touchpad)stops working in beta mail on Firefox 3.6. A refresh brings it back until it's lost again. Very annoying.

                  George Hutfilz

                  --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "gary_gladstone" <gary_gladstone@...> wrote:

                  > I find that the scroll wheel stops working several times during the day. However, if I refresh the window, then the scroll wheel will start working again. Only happens with Yahoo mail in FF3.6. I keep my other Yahoo email open in IE8 and it is OK.
                  >
                  > Gary
                  >
                  > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Suzi <suziknits2@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I did that too.. now my logitech trackball with scroll wheel works :)
                  > > My other logitech trackball marble.. has button to push to scroll.. that works fine..
                  > > no adjustments were needed for this one.
                  > >
                  > > ---
                  > > Suzi
                  > > IL Zone 5
                  > >

                  > > ________________________________

                • steve_chadheath
                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 14, 2010
                    I tried the previously posted solution of going into the FF browser about:config page and adjusting 'mousewheel.acceleration.start' from -1 to 0. This seemed to fix the problem - until I sent off an email.
                    Another suggestion was to disable the BrowserPlus plugin in FF and this now seems to have cured the problem.

                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 14, 2010
                      I seem to have a different issue. I don't have a problem with scrolling anything in Y Mail, except that since upgrading to Firefox 3.6, the app "My Social Networks" has stopped working - can't scroll down or click on anything. It works fine on IE8.

                      Anyone else have this problem? I'm going to try the disabling add-ons option, but was hoping for something more specific.

                      Cheers

                      Gabriel

                      Message 10 of 10 , Mar 15, 2010
                        Thank you, Steve! I was just about ready to go through the ceremonial disabling of my many Firefox add-ons and plug-ins to look for a culprit when your post hit. Disabling Yahoo's own BrowserPlus plug-in immediately cleared the scrolling problem. I should have guessed Yahoo would break its own mail...

                        George Hutfilz