Re: [Y-Mail] Yahoo pop-up/invitation

  • Silk
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 5, 2010
      Click `decline and you shant be bothered by this indivisdual.. others maybe.

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 6, 2010
        I'd take it one step further. Go to the the person's profile and report him for unsolicited contact. That happened to me last month, and I did so and poof the person's profile disappeared. I can't guarantee that it was Yahoo's doing, but it's worth a shot.

        Miriam Solon

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "kgcrafts" <kgcrafts@...> wrote:

        > On behalf of a query in another Yahoo group which is getting no responses. I'm hoping one of the experts in this group can help. Here's the question.
        >
        > Everytime I sign into Yahoo, & click on/open up 'Mail', I get a pop up, lower right side, from "Sanjay Varma" with an invitation to be added to his or her Online Contacts list. There is a link to 'Accept' or 'Decline', but I just X it out (I don't want to confirm my screen name or address or create an addtional 'link' to myself, by accepting or delcining...if that's really pertinent or not, I don't know), yet it keeps popping up each time I sign into my Yahoo mail.
        >
        > I don't know this person, & am getting really annoyed at this. Is this a result of spyware/malware? And how do I get rid of it, if that's possible at all?
        >
        > Thanks
        > Gil

      • Gil
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 6, 2010

          How does one look up a personal profile (this is my question, not Linda’s from the other group).

          Gil