Yahoo pop-up/invitation

  • kgcrafts
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 5, 2010
      On behalf of a query in another Yahoo group which is getting no responses. I'm hoping one of the experts in this group can help. Here's the question.

      Everytime I sign into Yahoo, & click on/open up 'Mail', I get a pop up, lower right side, from "Sanjay Varma" with an invitation to be added to his or her Online Contacts list. There is a link to 'Accept' or 'Decline', but I just X it out (I don't want to confirm my screen name or address or create an addtional 'link' to myself, by accepting or delcining...if that's really pertinent or not, I don't know), yet it keeps popping up each time I sign into my Yahoo mail.

      I don't know this person, & am getting really annoyed at this. Is this a result of spyware/malware? And how do I get rid of it, if that's possible at all?

      Thanks
      Gil
    • Silk
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 5, 2010
        Click `decline and you shant be bothered by this indivisdual.. others maybe.

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 5, 2010
          It's not spyware, so don't worry. You need to choose "decline", to stop
          the message from appearing. As long as the invitation is in the queue,
          it'll keep appearing until you respond.

          On 03/05/2010 12:30 PM, kgcrafts wrote:
          > On behalf of a query in another Yahoo group which is getting no responses. I'm hoping one of the experts in this group can help. Here's the question.
          >
          > Everytime I sign into Yahoo,& click on/open up 'Mail', I get a pop up, lower right side, from "Sanjay Varma" with an invitation to be added to his or her Online Contacts list. There is a link to 'Accept' or 'Decline', but I just X it out (I don't want to confirm my screen name or address or create an addtional 'link' to myself, by accepting or delcining...if that's really pertinent or not, I don't know), yet it keeps popping up each time I sign into my Yahoo mail.
          >
          > I don't know this person,& am getting really annoyed at this. Is this a result of spyware/malware? And how do I get rid of it, if that's possible at all?
          >
          > Thanks
          > Gil

        • sarahksmom
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 6, 2010
            I'd take it one step further. Go to the the person's profile and report him for unsolicited contact. That happened to me last month, and I did so and poof the person's profile disappeared. I can't guarantee that it was Yahoo's doing, but it's worth a shot.

            Miriam Solon

            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "kgcrafts" <kgcrafts@...> wrote:

            > On behalf of a query in another Yahoo group which is getting no responses. I'm hoping one of the experts in this group can help. Here's the question.
            >
            > Everytime I sign into Yahoo, & click on/open up 'Mail', I get a pop up, lower right side, from "Sanjay Varma" with an invitation to be added to his or her Online Contacts list. There is a link to 'Accept' or 'Decline', but I just X it out (I don't want to confirm my screen name or address or create an addtional 'link' to myself, by accepting or delcining...if that's really pertinent or not, I don't know), yet it keeps popping up each time I sign into my Yahoo mail.
            >
            > I don't know this person, & am getting really annoyed at this. Is this a result of spyware/malware? And how do I get rid of it, if that's possible at all?
            >
            > Thanks
            > Gil

          • Gil
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 6, 2010

              How does one look up a personal profile (this is my question, not Linda’s from the other group).

              Gil