Incoming Mail Slow at Times

  • John Desmond
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2010
      I saw some postings recently that mail has been slow and now I am seeing something like that.

      I have noticed it more on email I get that has a filter applied to it.  IE, I expect to get two messages at about the same time and I will only see one.  Then later in the day when get back into my mail account I will see the missing message there along with the one that I saw earlier.  The time stamps on the messages will be within a minute of each other, so it should have been there.

      This does not just happen with filtered messages, but in my case I see it more that way.

      Is something like this a known problem that they will fix eventually? Or should I report that somewhere?

      Thanks, John

    • Silk
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 2, 2010
        Well as you know CTRL + F brings up a search box.. you type in the word and if it is in the text search will find it. My problem is that sometimes when I am composing an email and I begin to type the search box opens up without me not having pressed ctrl + F and my text instead of going into the body of the new email is now being placed in the search box? any ideas?  thanks

      • GuillaumeB
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 2, 2010
          Some did experience this problem before. Have you reported the problem with your Yahoo! ID directly to the customer care ?

          http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/forms_index.html

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, John Desmond <k0tg@...> wrote:

          > I saw some postings recently that mail has been slow and now I am seeing something like that.
          >
          > I have noticed it more on email I get that has a filter applied to it. IE, I expect to get two messages at about the same time and I will only see one. Then later in the day when get back into my mail account I will see the missing message there along with the one that I saw earlier. The time stamps on the messages will be within a minute of each other, so it should have been there.
          >
          > This does not just happen with filtered messages, but in my case I see it more that way.
          >
          > Is something like this a known problem that they will fix eventually? Or should I report that somewhere?
          >

          > Thanks, John

        • John Desmond
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 2, 2010
            I just did an online chat.  Thanks for the tip.

            Some did experience this problem before. Have you reported the problem with your Yahoo! ID directly to the customer care ?

            http://help. yahoo.com/ l/us/yahoo/ mail/yahoomail/ forms_index. html

            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, John Desmond <k0tg@...> wrote:

            > I saw some postings recently that mail has been slow and now I am seeing something like that.
            >
            > I have noticed it more on email I get that has a filter applied to it. IE, I expect to get two messages at about the same time and I will only see one. Then later in the day when get back into my mail account I will see the missing message there along with the one that I saw earlier. The time stamps on the messages will be within a minute of each other, so it should have been there.
            >
            > This does not just happen with filtered messages, but in my case I see it more that way.
            >
            > Is something like this a known problem that they will fix eventually? Or should I report that somewhere?
            >

            > Thanks, John

          • Goutam Nath
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 2, 2010

              Guys,

              I just checked this link, http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/forms_index.html

              I am being asked to verify my password, but after I enter I am still being asked to re-enter. I am sure I am entering the correct password, can one of you please check and confirm?

              Thanks