No protection !

  • ADRIANA
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 18, 2010
      When I sign into Yahoo Mail and I write only the first two letters of my
      ID, the ID is shown automatically and the password too. Everyone who
      knows my ID can enter into my Yahoo Mail very easily. How can I change
      this situation ?

      Adriana
    • Sasafrass452
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 18, 2010
        Are you sure the password is showing? It should appear as asterisks.
        What browser are you using? You should be able to set your browser to
        NOT save form data, or at least delete it when you close the browser.
        That's pretty much all you can do. It's not Yahoo's fault.

        On 02/18/2010 05:33 AM, ADRIANA wrote:
        > When I sign into Yahoo Mail and I write only the first two letters of my
        > ID, the ID is shown automatically and the password too. Everyone who
        > knows my ID can enter into my Yahoo Mail very easily. How can I change
        > this situation ?
        >
        > Adriana

      • ADRIANA
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 18, 2010

          Of course, the  password appears as asterisks. But, it is enough that someone press "Sign In" and they may enter in my Yahoo Mail.

          This happened only at my work. I suppose someone wants to check everything we work!!!...

          There was a message ( I posted: 18930) : "Do you want Internet Explorer to remember this password ?"  I said :"No" and now I have no more problems.

          There is a problem though. My first message was: " NO PROTECTION! "; then I found out the error and sent you the second message: "IT'S OK" , 134 minutes later.

          Now, when I look at the messages from the group, I can observe that my second message became the first one and the first is the second one. There are 41 minutes between my two messages. How can you explain this ?  This time is Yahoo fault, isn't it ?

          Thank you very much for your help !

          Adriana

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Sasafrass452 <sasafrass452@...> wrote:

          > Are you sure the password is showing? It should appear as asterisks.
          > What browser are you using? You should be able to set your browser to
          > NOT save form data, or at least delete it when you close the browser.
          > That's pretty much all you can do. It's not Yahoo's fault.
          >

          > On 02/18/2010 05:33 AM, ADRIANA wrote:
          > > When I sign into Yahoo Mail and I write only the first two letters of my
          > > ID, the ID is shown automatically and the password too. Everyone who
          > > knows my ID can enter into my Yahoo Mail very easily. How can I change
          > > this situation ?
          > >
          > > Adriana

        • Joseph Singer
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 18, 2010
            On Feb 18, 2010, at 02:33, ADRIANA wrote:

            > When I sign into Yahoo Mail and I write only the first two letters
            > of my
            > ID, the ID is shown automatically and the password too. Everyone who
            > knows my ID can enter into my Yahoo Mail very easily. How can I change
            > this situation ?

            Likely this is only on your own computer. At some point you gave your
            computer permission to remember the user and password. You need to go
            into your password memory and erase that if you do not want the user
            and password to auto fill.

            Joseph Singer
            weekilter@...