sending from within a category

  • d.bradford53
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 17, 2010
      Okay- I get an e mail that I wish to forward to an established category of contacts. If I click on the category, everyone gets the message. But...I do not want to send this specific message to everyone in the category. How can I open the category and select certain contacts for forwarding the message?
      Thanks
    • Don Bradford
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 17, 2010
        The hope is other members have discovered a way of doing this, and would be willing to discuss it!

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 18, 2010
          I don't think you can do what you suggest, but it's a good idea for a new feature actually.

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 18, 2010
            It used to be easy, but now I don't think it's possible. In the old days, you could select the contact group from your fill-in menu and instantly it would be converted to a list of all the members of that contact group. You could just delete the ones you didn't want to send to.

            Now I think you have to just type in each name separately.

            Robin Siegel
            Volunteer Photographer, Montgomery County Animal Shelter

            http://mcmdlostpets.blogspot.com/
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/robinsiegel/

            The hope is other members have discovered a way of doing this, and would be willing to discuss it!

            Okay- I get an e mail that I wish to forward to an established category of contacts. If I click on the category, everyone gets the message. But...I do not want to send this specific message to everyone in the category. How can I open the category and select certain contacts for forwarding the message?
            Thanks

          • sy1bzbn
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 18, 2010
              Go to Contacts and view the category, then select the bunch and click send email. You can also click on "To:" or " Cc:" if you only need a few names.

              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Robin Siegel <pennyroyalnorwich@...> wrote:

              > It used to be easy, but now I don't think it's possible. In the old days, you could select the contact group from your fill-in menu and instantly it would be converted to a list of all the members of that contact group. You could just delete the ones you didn't want to send to.
              >
              > Now I think you have to just type in each name separately.
              >
              > Robin Siegel
              > Volunteer Photographer, Montgomery County Animal Shelter
              > http://mcmdlostpets.blogspot.com/
              > http://www.flickr.com/photos/robinsiegel/
              >

              > ________________________________

            • Don Bradford
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 18, 2010
                that works well for sending a message- but not for forwarding a message. There is the problem!

                Go to Contacts and view the category, then select the bunch and click send email. You can also click on "To:" or " Cc:" if you only need a few names.

                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, Robin Siegel <pennyroyalnorwich@ ...> wrote:

                > It used to be easy, but now I don't think it's possible. In the old days, you could select the contact group from your fill-in menu and instantly it would be converted to a list of all the members of that contact group. You could just delete the ones you didn't want to send to.
                >
                > Now I think you have to just type in each name separately.
                >
                > Robin Siegel
                > Volunteer Photographer, Montgomery County Animal Shelter
                > http://mcmdlostpets .blogspot. com/
                > http://www.flickr. com/photos/ robinsiegel/

                Make your browsing faster, safer, and easier with the new Internet Explorer® 8. Optimized for Yahoo! Get it Now for Free!
              • sy1bzbn
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 18, 2010
                  That is not a problem - you can either copy the message over to the new email, or copy the recipients over to the old email.
                  Would it be nice to not go through that? Sure. But it is something so rarely required that the extra efforts are not too unbearable.