Re: "Add To Contacts" missing

  • sy1bzbn
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 17, 2010
      I have had no problem with this in chrome. May be it's one of your extensions?

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "yanp" <yanp@...> wrote:

      > This only happens in Chrome, it works in IE, but Chrome is now a supported browser.
      >
      > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "yanp" <yanp@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Anyone else have this?
      > >
      > > The Add To Contacts or 'View Contact' links are missing.
      > >
      > > This kind of bugs me because it is how I usually add people to my contacts.
      > >
      > > I'm on:
      > > Version 2.7
      > > Build 300.3
      > > 1/29/2010

    • yanp
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 18, 2010
        Thanks. I'm going to check combinations of the extensions I use. I think I have about 5 of them installed. I'll report back about what my findings are.

        Yan

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "sy1bzbn" <sy1bzbn@...> wrote:

        > I have had no problem with this in chrome. May be it's one of your extensions?
        >
        > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "yanp" <yanp@> wrote:
        > >
        > > This only happens in Chrome, it works in IE, but Chrome is now a supported browser.
        > >
        > > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "yanp" <yanp@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Anyone else have this?
        > > >
        > > > The Add To Contacts or 'View Contact' links are missing.
        > > >
        > > > This kind of bugs me because it is how I usually add people to my contacts.
        > > >
        > > > I'm on:
        > > > Version 2.7
        > > > Build 300.3
        > > > 1/29/2010

      • bigdeeiii
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 18, 2010
          Hi All,

          Is the sync feature fixed yet to sync with my Outlook (calendar and contacts)? I am interested in the new Yahoo Calendar. However, both of these options have been a "coming soon" for a LONG time now. I use Yahoo. However, I have been using Google sync in the interim with Outlook.

          Thanks,
          Dwight
        • steve_chadheath
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 19, 2010
            I have the same question regarding the new Yahoo Calendar sync-ing with Outlook. I would really like to be using the new calendar as part of my Mail Plus account. If I were still using Yahoo mail classic, I probably wouldn't mind but I've been using 'all-new' mail pretty much from day one and it just feels like I don't have the full benefit of the newer system as long as the older, clunkier calendar is still being used.

            I do use the classic calendar extensively but I also use the Google calendar simply for it's ability to sync with Outlook.

            Please Yahoo, can we have an update, or some idea, as to when the sync-with-Outlook utility might be available?

            Steve

            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "bigdeeiii" <bigdeemailbox-groups@...> wrote:

            > Hi All,
            >
            > Is the sync feature fixed yet to sync with my Outlook (calendar and contacts)? I am interested in the new Yahoo Calendar. However, both of these options have been a "coming soon" for a LONG time now. I use Yahoo. However, I have been using Google sync in the interim with Outlook.
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Dwight

          • sy1bzbn
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 19, 2010
              At its current state, calendar is an eye sore in all of what Yahoo has to offer, and a slick new frontend is not going to cut it.
              For example, google has access to the tasklists on its mobile site, yahoo has none; google can sync, yahoo cannot. I do not use outlook so the sync does not bother me personally, but it seems to bother many others.
              I do use tasklists to organize errands and grocery lists extensively, and no access to tasklists on the mobile site is a deal breaker. Unlike other issues we can get around only when they are needed, syncs and tasklists are functions required for daily use. No problem if you do not use them. But if you do, you will likely use them many times per day - not something easily compromisable.
              Get the priority straight. Pretty frontends get us ooooooooooo ahhhhhhhhhh for 5 minutes, but then we go on our daily lives using something else. Functions satisfying demands is king.
              /rant

              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "steve_chadheath" <deepend@...> wrote:

              > I have the same question regarding the new Yahoo Calendar sync-ing with Outlook. I would really like to be using the new calendar as part of my Mail Plus account. If I were still using Yahoo mail classic, I probably wouldn't mind but I've been using 'all-new' mail pretty much from day one and it just feels like I don't have the full benefit of the newer system as long as the older, clunkier calendar is still being used.
              >
              > I do use the classic calendar extensively but I also use the Google calendar simply for it's ability to sync with Outlook.
              >
              > Please Yahoo, can we have an update, or some idea, as to when the sync-with-Outlook utility might be available?
              >
              > Steve
              >
              > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "bigdeeiii" <bigdeemailbox-groups@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hi All,
              > >
              > > Is the sync feature fixed yet to sync with my Outlook (calendar and contacts)? I am interested in the new Yahoo Calendar. However, both of these options have been a "coming soon" for a LONG time now. I use Yahoo. However, I have been using Google sync in the interim with Outlook.
              > >
              > > Thanks,
              > > Dwight

            • h_c_wang
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 24, 2010
                We have a product in early beta which does the job great if you use Outlook without Exchange. If you are using Exchange then there are some known issues that may make things a bit more difficult to use. Have a look at this suggestion board thread for the link and more detailed information.

                http://suggestions.yahoo.com/detail/?prop=calendar&fid=113781