Incoming mail delayed?

  • Morac
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 11, 2010
      I'm starting to notice a number of emails I receive from certain places are delayed. The delays are anywhere from 1 to 12 hours. The delay is always on the last hop where the outside mail servers contacts Yahoo (see the message headers).

      This seems to only effect mailing lists and message board notifications. Mail from major ISPs and mail providers (eg: Yahoo, Google, Comcast, Verizon, etc.) are not being delayed (they were delayed slightly about a week ago, but that apparently was fixed).

      If it was just one board or mailing list I would think it would be a problem with that list, but as it's affecting multiple lists/boards from various places I'm thinking it might be Yahoo.

      Is anyone else seeing delayed messages?
    • Bill
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 11, 2010
        Absolutely.......I have an edress that I got from GoDaddy and I was having that mail forwarded to my ymail account.....well just like you said.....it could take hours.....so I stopped the forwarding.....and GoDaddy is working just fine.......Bill