Re: the Contacts tool in Yahoo! Mail is no longer functioning

  • yanp
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 4, 2010
      I had an issue last night where I couldn't select contacts out of my address book.  I was able to see phone numbers though.  It looks like it fixed itself.

      Yan

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "alanblonder" <alanblonder@...> wrote:

      > I use Internet Explorer 8 and I am having these problems:
      >
      > 1. the Contacts tab seems to have the correct number of contacts but they are no longer displayed in the Contacts list;
      > 2. when I click on the "X" to close the Contacts tab nothing happens;
      > 3. when I click on the "Do More in Your Contacts/Fix duplicate entries" tool" & either type in the "Search All Contacts..." box or click on the (down) arrow nothing happens;
      > 4. the Contacts toolbar is missing.
      >
      > The only function that works is the "Do More in Your Contacts/Import your Contacts from another provider to Yahoo!/Get started" tool.
      >
      > Can it be that I have too many contacts or perhaps that I have uninstalled the Yahoo! toolbar?
      > I have already contacted Yahoo! and they apparently are still trying to work with me on this issue.
      > Any advice would be appreciated.
      > Thank you.

    • Craig Wright
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 4, 2010
        Hi,

        For some reason the site is not completely loading. Do you notice any Javascript errors appearing when you open Contacts? You will see a yellow ! icon on the bottom left-hand corner of the screen. Double-click that and send me any errors which you may see.

        Thanks,

        Craig Wright
        Contacts Front-end Engineering Manager

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 4, 2010
          OK! Glad you are up-and-running.

          Thanks,

          Craig Wright
          Contacts Front-end Engineering Manager

          Thank you for your response but I decided to "Reset all zones to default level" and "Restore advanced settings". Now the Address Book is working properly.