How to add link

  • Suzi
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 25, 2010
      Can someone tell me how to add a link in signature with
      a word like Flickr and the word be the link?

      ---
      Suzi
      IL Zone 5

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 25, 2010
        for normal text when typing in body of email, highlight the word, then click the hyperlink button and paste in the link address. Not sure how to do it for signatures though, sorry.

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 25, 2010

          You might try the same strategy as mentioned below, then copy and paste into signature box and see if it works. I’ve had some luck getting signatures to do things you don’t think they will by using this tactic.

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 25, 2010
            I did.. I wanted to not have long visible urls..
            remedied the problem with tinyurl

            ---
            Suzi
            IL Zone 5

            http://tinyurl.com/Suzi-Flickr
            http://tinyurl.com/Suzi-Facebook1

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 26, 2010
              Hi Suzi,
              You can add a link like that using the Signature tool in Yahoo! Mail Options. Click the 'Options' link in the upper right of your Inbox, then click 'Mail Options' and then click 'Signature' on the left.

              Select 'Show a signature on all outgoing messages'. You will have to have your signature in 'Rich Text' mode not 'Plain Text'. Create your signature, then highlight the word(s) you want hyperlinked, then click the link icon (next to the smileyface) and type your hyperlink in the box. Click OK, then save and back to mail, at the top of the window.

              As long as you are sending messages in 'Rich Text', the link will show up in your signature every time you compose a new mail. If you are composing mail in 'Plain Text' the link will not show up.

              Hope that helps.
              Andrew

              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Suzi <suziknits2@...> wrote:

              > Can someone tell me how to add a link in signature with
              > a word like Flickr and the word be the link?
              >
              > ---
              > Suzi
              > IL Zone 5
              >

              > http://www.flickr.com/photos/puppykisses

            • Suzi
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 26, 2010
                Thank you to all who replied to my question.
                I've got it the way I want it now...
                no long url.
                 ---