Re: Search not working in Yahoo Mail.

  • yanp
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 25, 2010
      On Friday around mid-day.. I was working in my email and it said that it needs to sign me out and I have to log in again.  At first I thought my account was being hacked or something bad was going to happen.

      What actually happened was... I logged in and my search would work, by finding one message for anything I typed it.  I'm assuming that my mailbox was being reindexed.  For the next few days, more and more results would show up with each search and I'd say that I think they were accurate last night.

      I'm glad that it finally got fixed, but can't believe that it took almost 4 days.

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "yanp" <yanp@...> wrote:

      > Mine has been working intermittently for the last 6 months. I contacted
      > support about 3 times last night and every one of them gave me the same
      > ticket number and told me it was a large outage.
      >
      > I just contacted them again and they gave me the same ticket number.
      > Told me it is still an issue and to check the official blog (has
      > nothing).
      >
      > I can't believe how many problems I've had with the last six months and
      > sadly I'm getting closer and closer to dropping it. Is anyone else
      > having a problem searching right now that has contacted support?
      >

      > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Robin Siegel pennyroyalnorwich@
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Mine went out this week as well -- as soon as I discovered it, I
      > requested live help, and within an hour it was repaired. Everything gets
      > a little quirky after that (lots of error messages, I have to reboot a
      > few times) but after about a day, it seems to settle down.
      > >
      > > Now if I had only remembered to tell Live Help about the
      > automatically-deleting messages! Dang!
      > >
      > > Robin Siegel
      > > New Mail power user, Mac, Firefox
      > >

      > > ________________________________

    • h_c_wang
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 25, 2010
        Hi folks,

        I first wanted to clarify that there is not a system wide outage impacting mail search. We've been busy upgrading the entire search infrastructure over the last 6 months and upgrading hundreds of millions of accounts takes a looong time. We're on the home stretch so the vast majority of our users should already have reliable and quick search results. For those who are still having problems, they should be resolved soon.

        yanp, thanks for opening a customer care ticket regarding your search experience. As you've already noticed, we've manually upgraded your account due to the problems you were experiencing.

        g.humes your yahoo.com address was upgraded last month, perhaps your att account hasn't been processed yet. Feel free to contact our customer support with the id of your att account.

        For anyone with a broken search experience today, you can contact our customer support team (http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/help_f.html) and we will do our best to upgrade you as well.

        Thanks

        Yahoo! Mail Team

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 26, 2010
          If someone from Yahoo actually told me this, I would have been OK.  All they gave me was the ticket number and no ETA.  How did you get this message?

          Yan