Search not working in Yahoo Mail.

  • yanp
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 20, 2010
      Hi.

      I can't search for anything in my mail. There is mail that I'm looking at and words in it don't come up in any of the search results.

      I contacted Yahoo's email support and they told me that they are having a system wide outage and it's ticket number 3328450.

      Is anyone else having the same problem?

      Version 2.6
      build 272.7
      12/23/2009 12:34 PM
      Galaxy version 2.6.0 build: 41a
    • Gerry Humes
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 21, 2010
        I've had this problem most of the time for the last 6 months.  My yahoo.com mail seems to work when I try it (don't use it that often).  The AT&T (formerlysbcglobal.net) yahoo.mail is the one that seems to constantly have this problem.  There have been  a few times recently where it worked (once even when I REALLY needed it).

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 21, 2010
          Once every six months mine stops working (and I use it a lot).  I have to contact the online Yahoo customer care representative, they check it, agree it's not working and then do something where it works again after about an hour (probably get it to re-index my mail folders).

          Loving The Music - www.robigophotography.com

          Wedding Photographer Photography Warrington Cheshire Northwest Rob Igo

          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 21, 2010
            Mine went out this week as well -- as soon as I discovered it, I requested live help, and within an hour it was repaired. Everything gets a little quirky after that (lots of error messages, I have to reboot a few times) but after about a day, it seems to settle down.

            Now if I had only remembered to tell Live Help about the automatically-deleting messages! Dang!

            Robin Siegel
            New Mail power user, Mac, Firefox

            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 21, 2010
              Mine has been working intermittently for the last 6 months. I contacted
              support about 3 times last night and every one of them gave me the same
              ticket number and told me it was a large outage.

              I just contacted them again and they gave me the same ticket number.
              Told me it is still an issue and to check the official blog (has
              nothing).

              I can't believe how many problems I've had with the last six months and
              sadly I'm getting closer and closer to dropping it. Is anyone else
              having a problem searching right now that has contacted support?

              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Robin Siegel <pennyroyalnorwich@...>
              wrote:

              > Mine went out this week as well -- as soon as I discovered it, I
              requested live help, and within an hour it was repaired. Everything gets
              a little quirky after that (lots of error messages, I have to reboot a
              few times) but after about a day, it seems to settle down.

              > Now if I had only remembered to tell Live Help about the
              automatically-deleting messages! Dang!

              > Robin Siegel
              > New Mail power user, Mac, Firefox
              >

              > ________________________________

            • Marijke Muller
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 21, 2010
                Yahoo is really starting to irretate me. I get no emails through, it's super slow. And they say that they are working on it. Sitting staring at etch other joking at our complaints.

                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 25, 2010
                  On Friday around mid-day.. I was working in my email and it said that it needs to sign me out and I have to log in again.  At first I thought my account was being hacked or something bad was going to happen.

                  What actually happened was... I logged in and my search would work, by finding one message for anything I typed it.  I'm assuming that my mailbox was being reindexed.  For the next few days, more and more results would show up with each search and I'd say that I think they were accurate last night.

                  I'm glad that it finally got fixed, but can't believe that it took almost 4 days.

                  --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "yanp" <yanp@...> wrote:

                  > Mine has been working intermittently for the last 6 months. I contacted
                  > support about 3 times last night and every one of them gave me the same
                  > ticket number and told me it was a large outage.
                  >
                  > I just contacted them again and they gave me the same ticket number.
                  > Told me it is still an issue and to check the official blog (has
                  > nothing).
                  >
                  > I can't believe how many problems I've had with the last six months and
                  > sadly I'm getting closer and closer to dropping it. Is anyone else
                  > having a problem searching right now that has contacted support?
                  >

                  > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Robin Siegel pennyroyalnorwich@
                  > wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Mine went out this week as well -- as soon as I discovered it, I
                  > requested live help, and within an hour it was repaired. Everything gets
                  > a little quirky after that (lots of error messages, I have to reboot a
                  > few times) but after about a day, it seems to settle down.
                  > >
                  > > Now if I had only remembered to tell Live Help about the
                  > automatically-deleting messages! Dang!
                  > >
                  > > Robin Siegel
                  > > New Mail power user, Mac, Firefox
                  > >

                  > > ________________________________

                • h_c_wang
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 25, 2010
                    Hi folks,

                    I first wanted to clarify that there is not a system wide outage impacting mail search. We've been busy upgrading the entire search infrastructure over the last 6 months and upgrading hundreds of millions of accounts takes a looong time. We're on the home stretch so the vast majority of our users should already have reliable and quick search results. For those who are still having problems, they should be resolved soon.

                    yanp, thanks for opening a customer care ticket regarding your search experience. As you've already noticed, we've manually upgraded your account due to the problems you were experiencing.

                    g.humes your yahoo.com address was upgraded last month, perhaps your att account hasn't been processed yet. Feel free to contact our customer support with the id of your att account.

                    For anyone with a broken search experience today, you can contact our customer support team (http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/help_f.html) and we will do our best to upgrade you as well.

                    Thanks

                    Yahoo! Mail Team

                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 26, 2010
                      If someone from Yahoo actually told me this, I would have been OK.  All they gave me was the ticket number and no ETA.  How did you get this message?

                      Yan