Re: [Y-Mail] phx.gbl

  • Shal Farley
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 16, 2010
      It is almost certainly dangerous to open anything you receive unexpectedly; but particularly attachments with the .scr extension if you are on a Windows system. That extension is associated with screen savers, which is an executable type.

      This is a standard form of trojan horse attack, which may also install a virus or other malware.
      <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trojan_horse_%28computing%29>

      -- Shal