Re: [Y-Mail] Yahoo! Mail on Linux

  • Sasafrass452
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 12, 2010
      I use Linux also, though I haven't tried attaching a file in Yahoo Mail.
      As far as the compatibility with Linux, it generally works, but Yahoo
      doesn't officially support Linux. I tend to think of Linux as "the
      forgotten OS" when it comes to compatibility with various programs &
      websites. Developers focus on the majority of users, who use window$, &
      sometimes they'll cater to Mac users. But since the number of Linux
      users is so small in comparison, they don't bother to ensure their
      product is compatible. One example is the Yahoo Messenger. It actually
      was available for Linux years ago, but Yahoo stopped
      developing/supporting it for some reason. And the last available version
      for Linux was simply terrible! The bottom line is, don't expect full
      compatibility & support from Yahoo anytime soon.... The best thing to do
      is contact the developers of your Linux distro, & let them know about
      the issue(s) you're having. Then perhaps they can find a way around it....