Re: Why Is Yahoo Mail So Slow?!

  • Glenna M
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 6, 2010
      Performance is complex. It seems like this problem is wide-spread enough that this is not a local system problem as you say. In diagnosing a problem, however, it really helps us hone in if we could know the following:

      1. Which browser and browser version are you using? Browsers can have very different performance characteristics so it helps us to know this information in analyzing an issue.

      2. Which version of Yahoo mail are you running? Different versions of mail can have significant differences - for example, f you are on classic mail, mail behaves significantly differently. It helps us to know where to focus our investigation.

      3. Either your Yahoo! id (the name you login under) or the Yahoo! farm (so we can trace the network/server path you are going over).

      If you can reply with this information, it would be much appreciated.

      Thanks for your help.

      Glenna

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "sarahksmom" <sarahksmom@...> wrote:

      > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "skywaffle1" <skywaffle1@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Thanks, but that's not it... Yahoo is still slow.
      > >
      > > I don't believe it is anything on the local computers. I believe it
      > > is something on Yahoo's end... Slow servers, too much traffic for
      > > the amount they can handle, something like that...
      >
      > Hear, hear! It's slow in Chicago. Unlike previous comment(s) attributing blame to the victims, I agree it's in Yahoo's court. They have multiple servers moving mail. Some work fast and others don't.
      >
      > Miriam Solon
      > slogging through virtual mud in the Windy City

    • judithmarg
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 19, 2010
        Hi,
        I'm new here & not very techie, hoping to find some resolve for waiting forever (it seems like) for my Yahoo mail to do anything.
        Started here (I'm in north central Oklahoma) several months ago and at first I figured it was something temporary. But instead of going away it has only gotten worse.
        I don't have this trouble with anything else and I had not changed anything when this started in Yahoo. I have delays, sometimes longer than others, in page loading and in scrolling, which happens in jerks when it finally happens.
        I am connected with bottom level DSL, but it snapped right along and had no issues until a few months ago.
        I am using IE7 on XP Pro, using Mail Classic and my id is judithmarg.
        Thanks,
        Judy