New iPhone - new questions!

  • Rob Igo
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 29, 2009
      Hi

      quick question.  I use my Ymail to access my professional email account for my photography.  I usually have to manually get Ymail to do this by pressing "ctrl + m" (or clicking on the pull down box next to "Check Mail " button top left and choosing check all accounts).

      I've set my iphone to sync with my Ymail (very good and very easy) however how can I get it to check this external account from my iPhone.

      Also - I've sync'd my Y Calendar but I can't see my ToDo's anywhere - any tips?

      cheers

      Rob

      Loving The Music - www.robigophotography.com

      Wedding Photographer Photography Warrington Cheshire Northwest Rob Igo

    • GuillaumeB
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 29, 2009
        There is no way for you to check your pop accounts manually via your iPhone when it is set up on the web interface. Yahoo! periodically checks it for you every x minutes i guess. Just like Gmail or any other webmail. You may also try to check if you can manually force the webmail to check via the iphone optimized interface.

        The best way to you would be, if you can, to auto forward your work email to your Yahoo! account instead of popping it.

        I can't help you much on the calendar. i believe the sync process depends on whether you're using the old or the new interface

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Rob Igo <robigouk@...> wrote:

        > Hi
        >
        > quick question. I use my Ymail to access my professional email account for my photography. I usually have to manually get Ymail to do this by pressing "ctrl + m" (or clicking on the pull down box next to "Check Mail " button top left and choosing check all accounts).
        >
        > I've set my iphone to sync with my Ymail (very good and very easy) however how can I get it to check this external account from my iPhone.
        >
        > Also - I've sync'd my Y Calendar but I can't see my ToDo's anywhere - any tips?
        >
        > cheers
        >
        > Rob
        >

        > Loving The Music - www.robigophotography.com
        >
        > Wedding Photographer Photography Warrington Cheshire Northwest Rob Igo

      • yanp
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 30, 2009
          If your other account is a POP account as well, why not just set it up as a second account on your iphone?

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "GuillaumeB" <guillaume@...> wrote:

          > There is no way for you to check your pop accounts manually via your iPhone when it is set up on the web interface. Yahoo! periodically checks it for you every x minutes i guess. Just like Gmail or any other webmail. You may also try to check if you can manually force the webmail to check via the iphone optimized interface.
          >
          > The best way to you would be, if you can, to auto forward your work email to your Yahoo! account instead of popping it.
          >
          > I can't help you much on the calendar. i believe the sync process depends on whether you're using the old or the new interface
          >
          > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Rob Igo <robigouk@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi
          > >
          > > quick question. I use my Ymail to access my professional email account for my photography. I usually have to manually get Ymail to do this by pressing "ctrl + m" (or clicking on the pull down box next to "Check Mail " button top left and choosing check all accounts).
          > >
          > > I've set my iphone to sync with my Ymail (very good and very easy) however how can I get it to check this external account from my iPhone.
          > >
          > > Also - I've sync'd my Y Calendar but I can't see my ToDo's anywhere - any tips?
          > >
          > > cheers
          > >
          > > Rob
          > >

          > > Loving The Music - www.robigophotography.com
          > >
          > > Wedding Photographer Photography Warrington Cheshire Northwest Rob Igo

        • Chuck Halverson
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 30, 2009
            I am a plus user, all I do is hit the refresh icon (bottom left) when in the inbox on the iphone.  Any new emails will show up.  I do not use email push on Iphone however.

            as far as calendar, you must switch be a calendar beta user (you cannot switch back to the old after) then click on the following link to adjust your calendar settings. Its all I use and it works wonderfully.   Add calendar entries on your Iphone or the webpage and they update each other seamlessly.

            Cheers,

            Chuck
          • sy1bzbn
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 30, 2009
              Trolls.

              How was it possible for this to get through the moderators??

              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Tamija Hunter <tamijahunter@...> wrote:

              > send me something else and i will report this to the police
              >

              > ________________________________

            • Sasafrass452
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 30, 2009
                My appologies.... I didn't notice the response, thinking it was "buried"
                in the quoted message as I've seen many times, & sent it through. I'll
                take care of it....

                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 31, 2009
                  Hi Chuck

                  thanks for the reply and I'd already done what you suggested.  However, I use a lot of "To Do" lists on my Y Calendar - how can I see them on my iPhone?

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 2, 2010
                    Ahhh.... I don’t think that the synch works with the to do list.....I may be wrong
                    Sorry, that’s as much as I know.

                    Chuck .