RE: Forwarding my yahoo emails

  • Gil
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 21, 2009

      Jonik,

      Yes you can and it’s surprisingly easy to do. In your gmail account you want to go to settings and then the Accounts and Import tab. On that page you’ll find a section entitled Import Mail and Contacts. In that section is Import from another address. Click on that button and follow the screens to set this process up. There is also a Learn More icon next to the button which you should look at.

      There are a lot of settings, and most with instructions, that come with gmail. I personally have done the above to get my email from Yahoo to Google. I then continue on with the gmail tab Forwarding and POP/IMAP, where I have settings such that my email from Google goes to my Outlook 2007 account. So any email that comes into Yahoo gets exported to Google and then POP’d to Outlook. I no longer have to look at the new Yahoo or deal with any of the changes and problems that have plagued Yahoo in recent months.

      Send me an email off-list if you have any other questions.

      Gil