Yahoo Mail Startup

  • larklinda
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 8, 2009
      How do I get Yahoo mail to run at startup? Yahoo Mail does not appear in the list of files under run/msconfig/startup. Is there a cryptic name for Yahoo Mail that I'm missing?
    • Sasafrass
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 8, 2009
        It's not possible to have Yahoo Mail run at startup, because it's not a
        program installed on your computer. It's only webmail, therefore you
        must first open your browser & log in to Yahoo Mail. You can have Yahoo
        Mail as your browser homepage, but that's all you can do.

        larklinda wrote:
        > How do I get Yahoo mail to run at startup? Yahoo Mail does not appear in the list of files under run/msconfig/startup. Is there a cryptic name for Yahoo Mail that I'm missing?

      • Craig Wright
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 8, 2009
          You could also run Y!Mail in a Site-Specific Browser, like Prism. The purpose of these programs is to allow you to run a single website, like Yahoo! Mail, as if it was its own application. The "application" that is created you could run on your Microsoft Windows startup.

          I have found Site-Specific Browser apps to be very useful for web sites which you would otherwise leave running all day long, like Mail.

          Hope this is helpful,

          Craig

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 8, 2009
            Agree with Craig on that one. One other advantage is that you lose all the toolbars and status bars, so more of the screen is taken up by the application. Only disadvantage is that links still end up opening up in Firefox (or whatever browser) and this sometimes creates a lag, though i wonder whether that reflects more my tight RAM situation....

            larklinda wrote:
            > How do I get Yahoo mail to run at startup? Yahoo Mail does not appear in the list of files under run/msconfig/ startup. Is there a cryptic name for Yahoo Mail that I'm missing?

          • les d'sz
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 16, 2009

              Couple of options:
              1. set Yahoo! mail as your default home page and put your browsers exe file in startup
              2. Create an internet shortcut and put that in your startup

              On a related note, when you login make sure that the check box that says "Keep me signed in for two weeks" is checked (I'm assuming that this is not a shared computer). Also don't logout, just close the browser.

              Hope this helps.