Fw: Fw: Verify this email address (KMM160536412V37045L0KM)

  • Howard White
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 6, 2009
      When I receive a phishing E-Mail, I normally forward it to abuse or phishing @ the bank name.com.I normally get a nice thank you email from the institution. I did the same for yahoo and got this mess back. the purpose of my forwarding the message is to heol the institution to shut down the phishing site. Why does Yahoo not understand this and try to put me thru this mess.
      Howard

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 7, 2009
        <info-support@ yahoo.com>

        http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/edit/alternate_email/general.html
        I was just going to ask who to
        contact to get this email address
        below deleted but this is more
        work than I have time for.

        Lois

        Subject: Award Notification
        Monday, December 7, 2009 11:43 AM
        From: "Yahoo!" <info-support@ yahoo.com>
        Add sender to Contacts
        To: undisclosed-recipients

        Msn/Yahoo Lottery Incorporation
        Baley House, Har Road
        Sutton, Greater London
        SM1 4TE
        United Kingdom.

        This is to inform you that your email address
        has won a prize money of Five hundred thousand, Great Britain Pound
        Sterlings for the month of DECEMBER 2009 Lottery promotion organized by
        MICROSOFT LOTTERY in collaboration with Google.

        Google & MICROSOFT WINDOWS, collects the email
        addresses of the customers using our products and
        services online and amongst
        the millions drawn, only five people are selected as our
        winners through electronic balloting System without
        the winner purchasing a
        ticket as use of our services already qualifies you
        for the draws, we congratulate you on being one of
        the selected Winners in the Yuletide Season.

        Microsoft/Google Lottery Prize must be claimed no
        later than 30 days from date of Event Notification.
        Prizes not claimed within this period shall be deemed
        forfeited.

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Howard White <hwhite@...> wrote:

        > When I receive a phishing E-Mail, I normally forward it to abuse or phishing @ the bank name.com.I normally get a nice thank you email from the institution. I did the same for yahoo and got this mess back. the purpose of my forwarding the message is to heol the institution to shut down the phishing site. Why does Yahoo not understand this and try to put me thru this mess.
        > Howard

      • Shal Farley
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 8, 2009
          Lois,

          That message was fradulent, a Phishing attempt.
          <http://www.ymailblog.com/blog/2009/11/protecting-you-from-spam-one-message-at-a-time/>
          (See "The hunt is on" paragraph.)

          The message probably did not come from a Yahoo mail account, but rather some infected PC somewhere (parsing the headers would tell you). An effective way to report it is via SpamCop,
          <http://www.spamcop.net/>
          Their parser will figure out where it actually came from and automatically generate reports to the service supporting that email address.

          -- Shal