Re: [Y-Mail] Re: Yes Yahoo, MUCH more like it

    Message 1 of 25 , Nov 27, 2009
      Ha ha - well Microsoft and Yahoo will be working more and more together, so it makes sense it uses Silverlight. Or Sobees just happened to use silverlight in the first place, don't know.

      Message 2 of 25 , Nov 27, 2009
        Well I'd rather see them working on Exchange/ActiveSync for Y! Mail then ;)

        > Ha ha - well Microsoft and Yahoo will be working more and more together, so it makes sense it uses Silverlight. Or Sobees just happened to use silverlight in the first place, don't know.
        >

        > ________________________________

      • ottawahitech
        Message 3 of 25 , Nov 27, 2009

          > In the options menu on the top right you can select to switch back to classic.

          Gabriel,thanks for the info. I looked for the option to switch back to classic - but cannot find it in my email box.

          BTW it now takes forever to do anything. Everything freezes while the ads load up, sigh.

          Another btw, I tried following the instructions given in this ymail Help page:
          http://help.yahoo.com/l/au/yahoo7/mail/yahoomail/manage/manage-01.html
          but I do not have a "rectangular window in the upper-left corner under Check Mail and Compose?" in my current version of ymail.

          I am just wondering how many versions of ymail are out there at the moment? Anyone?
        • Goutam Nath
          Message 4 of 25 , Nov 27, 2009
            Me too.

            Well I'd rather see them working on Exchange/ActiveSync for Y! Mail then ;)

            > Ha ha - well Microsoft and Yahoo will be working more and more together,
            so it makes sense it uses Silverlight. Or Sobees just happened to use
            silverlight in the first place, don't know.

            > ________________________________

          • Kenneth
            Message 5 of 25 , Nov 27, 2009
              To switch back to the classic mail interface:
              • In the upper-right corner, you'll see links labeled Mobile, Options, and Help.
              • Click on the down-arrow next to Options.  A pull-down menu will appear.
              • Click on Switch to Yahoo! Mail Classic...

              Message 6 of 25 , Dec 1, 2009
                The 'My Social Networks' application in Mail is currently only available to UK users. Shortly it will be available in more EU countries. If you are unable to see the application in mail, you can switch your preferred content to the 'Yahoo United Kingdom', and the next time you login the application should be listed. You can switch back to your preferred content once you install the application.

                To switch:
                - Go to https://edit.yahoo.com/config/eval_profile
                - login
                - Under 'Account Settings' select 'Set language, site...'
                - then in the 'New' field select 'Yahoo United Kingdom'
                - click ok and 'accept'
                - when you log back into mail you should see 'My Social Networks'

                It is developed by sobees and they use Silverlight, which is why it is using Silverlight.

                Hope that helps.

                Andrew

                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Kenton Ayers <kenton.ayers@...> wrote:

                > That may not be it then, mine is all the same, except the last line.
                >
                > cg5.c203.mail.sp2.yahoo.com
                >

                > ________________________________

              • ottawahitech
                Message 7 of 25 , Dec 18, 2009
                  > > You'll be pleased to know that this new feature is entirley opt-in. It's an app that loads in a new tab in the new Yahoo Mail. If you use Yahoo Mail classic you wouldn't even know it exists.
                  >
                  > Yes, it would have been great if I was given this option,
                  > unfortunately my mail box was converted from classic, without ever
                  > asking me!

                  Since the members of this Group are not representative of the general population at Yahoo, I wanted to mention that I just saw a Message posted in another Group, complaining about the exact same thing I have been compalining about (unwanted chats and updates in ymail) and guess what the OP was advised to do? - remove the complete contact list! Apparently that solves the problem, sigh...
                • Cindy Cozad-Rudinger
                  Message 8 of 25 , Dec 19, 2009
                    Just wondering what you mean by "not representative of the general population at Yahoo"?

                    Seems like removing one's complete contact list would be a bad thing!  Cindy

                    Obedience is a lifestyle...
                    Melanie...Border Collie mix
                    Reka...MJR's Eureka!!! RN...Norwegian Elkhound
                    Gimli...Vindarne's Lord of the Rings...Norwegian Elkhound

                    --- On Sat, 12/19/09, ottawahitech <ottawahitech@...> wrote:
                    Since  the members of this Group are not representative of the general population at Yahoo, I wanted to  mention that I just saw a Message posted in another Group, complaining about the exact same thing I have been compalining about  (unwanted chats and updates in ymail) and guess what the OP  was advised to do? - remove the  complete contact list! Apparently that solves the  problem, sigh...

                    > > You'll be pleased to know that this new feature is entirley opt-in. It's an app that loads in a new tab in the new Yahoo Mail. If you use Yahoo Mail classic you wouldn't even know it exists.

                    > Yes, it would have been great if I was  given this option,
                    > unfortunately my  mail box was converted from classic, without ever
                    > asking me!

                  • Gil
                    Message 9 of 25 , Dec 20, 2009

                      Hi Cindy,

                      I take “not representative of the general population at Yahoo” to mean that those in this group are a little or a lot more savvy about Yahoo and computers than the majority of people. There are some people that I know who just “live with” the changes and problems Yahoo has been having recently. They have no real desire to dig into the workings of Yahoo or Yahoo Mail to customize them to their liking. Even my wife, who knows a fair amount about Yahoo and computers in general, did not have several things working the way she hoped. Things that I knew, possibly coming from this group, other groups, or general websites, allowed me to help her get things running a little more efficiently and personalized.

                      And that last statement reaffirms my “take” on the statement - this group (and others) have some very knowledgeable people who are willing to share that knowledge with others. So, from me at least, thank you!

                      Gil