Re: True iPhone / Touch Syncing w/ Calendar

  • Morac
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 26, 2009
      I use Yahoo calendar syncing with my iPhone and it is two way syncing. The Yahoo calendar is a separate calendar from the the calendar on the iPhone though. The Yahoo calendar will show up under "Yahoo! (CalDAV)" while the iPhone calendar will show up under "On My iPhone".

      Any events added to the Yahoo calendar will sync up to Yahoo. Also if you go into the Settings -> Mail, Contacts and Calendars and change the Default Calendar (near the bottom) to the newly added Yahoo Calendar (it should be your name), then any event added to the iPhone by any application will sync back to Yahoo. I'll mention that while reminders will sync to the iPhone/iTouch as alarms, alarms won't sync back to Yahoo as reminders.

      A word of warning though, if you do this, then your Yahoo Calendar will automatically be converted to the new beta Yahoo Calendar with no way to switch back to the old version. The new calendar is missing some of the features of the old one.