Contacts not appearing

  • Robin Siegel
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 25, 2009
      For the past few days (at least), my contacts have not been appearing when I click on the Contacts folder. A tab opens, and all the normal fields are there -- but no list of contacts and nothing in the pull-down menu. In order to access them, I have to click on Contacts Help (which opens a new browser tab), then click Back to Yahoo! Contacts, which directs that new tab to my contacts, which now are available in that new tab.

      Anyone else, or should I contact Yahoo on this one? I don't see this issue in Answers.

      Robin Siegel
      Home of Possum and the Pennyroyal Norwich terriers
      Volunteer Photographer, Montgomery County Animal Shelter

      http://mcmdlostpets.blogspot.com/
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/robinsiegel/

    • Craig Wright
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 25, 2009
        Hi there Robin,

        Which version of Mail are you using (Classic / New)? What web browser are you using? (Internet Explorer 6, Firefox 2, FF3, IE7, Safari4, etc)?

        It sounds like you see the borders and the initial frame in the interface, but nothing else. It also sounds like if you go straight to http://address.yahoo.com/, that works for you. I have a few scattered reports of this bug but have yet to nail it down.

        Thanks for any info,

        Craig

      • manuel_yinc@att.net
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 25, 2009
          Do you have Firebug installed?

          if you do, disable it and try again.
        • Robin Siegel

            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 30, 2009
              Robin,

              So, I hate to say this, but you might consider upgrading from Firefox 2 to Firefox 3.5. FF2 has so few users on it that it is not likely to be as well supported as FF3 going forward.

              Thanks for the info though, it is helpful to know where this problem is appearing. This is actually a known issue for FF2 that we are looking into.

              Peace,
              Craig

                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 30, 2009
                  I've been having a similar problem with Contacts.

                  I am using Windows XP, IE 8, Yahoo! Mail Classic.

                  When finished composing an e-mail I click on the insert addresses link in the mail page, my contacts opens in a separate tab and I select the addresses I want to send to and click insert checked contacts, the page closes as normal but no addresses have been added to the e-mail header. However the contacts seem to work if I am selecting just one address to mail to, but not for multiples. (I have also tried clicking on the To/Cc/Bcc links, with same results)

                  Although this is a current issue that I became aware of yesterday (have not e-mailed in a few days), this has happened to me in the past on several occassions and usually corrects itself in a day or two so I have always assumed it was due to Yahoo! working on maintenance or upgrades while I am trying to send out mail.

                  In my case because the e-mail I am wanting to send goes to 140 addresses I am already dividing the list in half and sending two e-mails (due to maximum number of addresses per e-mail is 100). Having to add each address individually is very time consuming!

                  Any Ideas???

                  ~JmB~ Janis Bowers

                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 30, 2009

                    Supposedly supports OS X 10.4 and PPC G3, G4, and G5 processors. Anecdotally, I have not seen much modern software supporting any OS X version before 10.4.

                    Hope this helps, good luck!

                    Craig

                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 30, 2009
                      JmB,

                      >In my case because the e-mail I am wanting to send goes to 140
                      >addresses I am already dividing the list in half and sending two
                      >e-mails (due to maximum number of addresses per e-mail is 100).
                      >Having to add each address individually is very time consuming!

                      If you are sending messages to the same 140 people repeatedly, this sounds like a good use case for a Yahoo Group. That would let you send one copy to your group's posting address, and let Yahoo duplicate it to all the individual email addresses.

                      -- Shal
                    • Robin Siegel