Re: [Y-Mail] Doesn't 'sharing' and 'connecting' mean people will know just about ALL about U?

  • Suzi
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 24, 2009
      thank you!

      ---
      Suzi
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/puppykisses

      From: Shal Farley <shalf@...>
      To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tue, November 24, 2009 1:14:05 PM
      Subject: Re: [Y-Mail] Doesn't 'sharing' and 'connecting' mean people will know just about ALL about U?

      Suzi,

      >  Shal, how do you do this: <<On my Profile I publicly share updates
      >  from a few Yahoo Groups whose information is not private.>>

      The Edit tab of the My Groups page lets you individually select which
      groups forward updates to your profile:

      Then the Manage My Updates page of your profile lets you select whether
      to share those group updates with anyone, connections, or no one.
      <http://profiles.yahoo.com/settings/updates/>

      If you don't see "Yahoo! Groups" in the list on that page, click the
      "Show All Yahoo! Sources" link and find it in the expanded list.

      This, by the way, shows a weakness in the setting structure: you can't
      show updates in some groups to Connections only while showing updates in
      others to Anyone. All Group updates share the same privacy setting on
      the Profile page.

      -- Shal

          Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com