Yes Yahoo, MUCH more like it

    Message 1 of 25 , Nov 24, 2009
      New Y-Maill app this morning: Sobees

      Suddenly, in a new tab, in my mailbox is Facebook + Twitter (+Mysapce if you want). Very functional and useful. Can email others' status updates and tweets straight from inbox, and add relevant events straight into Yahoo Calendar. For Yahoo, this means more time spent on their network courtesy of a useful and well-integrated app.

      Just what we wanted. Keep it coming
      Thank you

    • GuillaumeB
      Message 2 of 25 , Nov 24, 2009
        damned why can't i see it ! ?

        > New Y-Maill app this morning: Sobees
        >
        > Suddenly, in a new tab, in my mailbox is Facebook + Twitter (+Mysapce if you want). Very functional and useful. Can email others' status updates and tweets straight from inbox, and add relevant events straight into Yahoo Calendar. For Yahoo, this means more time spent on their network courtesy of a useful and well-integrated app.
        >
        > Just what we wanted. Keep it coming
        > Thank you

      • Suzi
        Message 3 of 25 , Nov 24, 2009
          I can't either

          ---
          Suzi
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/puppykisses

          > Suddenly, in a new tab, in my mailbox is Facebook + Twitter (+Mysapce if you want). Very functional and useful. Can email others' status updates and tweets straight from inbox, and add relevant events straight into Yahoo Calendar. For Yahoo, this means more time spent on their network courtesy of a useful and well-integrated app.
          >
          > Just what we wanted. Keep it coming
          > Thank you

              Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

        • Sasafrass
          Message 4 of 25 , Nov 24, 2009
            Me either....

            Message 5 of 25 , Nov 24, 2009
              feeling a little guilty at being the only one - hope others get it too soon. it's great

              Message 6 of 25 , Nov 24, 2009
                sorry, should add that the new apps seem to be added independent of Yahoo Mail version. Mine hasn't changed for weeks yet new apps have recently arrived. The one I mentioned today plus also drop.io and pingg. Strangely those only arrived last week, whereas they were opposed a couple of months ago. Maybe this is a bit of a random bucket testing?

                feeling a little guilty at being the only one - hope others get it too soon. it's great

                Message 7 of 25 , Nov 24, 2009
                  James Thurlow, dev on the Mail team is also tweeting about it:http://twitter.com/jthurlow/statuses/6008537161

                  > sorry, should add that the new apps seem to be added independent of Yahoo Mail version. Mine hasn't changed for weeks yet new apps have recently arrived. The one I mentioned today plus also drop.io and pingg. Strangely those only arrived last week, whereas they were opposed a couple of months ago. Maybe this is a bit of a random bucket testing?
                  >

                  > ________________________________

                • Kenton Ayers
                  Message 8 of 25 , Nov 24, 2009
                    Perhaps you are on a different build?

                    feeling a little guilty at being the only one - hope others get it too soon. it's great

                    Message 9 of 25 , Nov 24, 2009
                      I have pingg and drop.io, but not the Facebook tabs, or the other tabs you mentioned. Personally, I would prefer to see Yahoo Calendar in a tab before Facebook.

                      Message 10 of 25 , Nov 24, 2009
                        version: 2.4.0
                          build: 211.6
                        10/22/2009 05:20 PM

                        Galaxy version: 2.4.0 build: 46a time: 10/16/2009 12:05 PM

                        cg39.c4.mail.gq1.yahoo.com

                        feeling a little guilty at being the only one - hope others get it too soon. it's great

                        Message 11 of 25 , Nov 25, 2009
                          OK well actually you get this app by setting your account in the UK; pretty cool, need Silverlight though
                        • Kenton Ayers
                          Message 12 of 25 , Nov 25, 2009
                            That may not be it then, mine is all the same, except the last line.

                            cg5.c203.mail.sp2.yahoo.com

                            Message 13 of 25 , Nov 25, 2009
                              Thank goodness I have not been subjected to yet another change in my yahoo mail homepage yet one more time! Lets hope it stays this way, but I doubt it, sigh...

                              Yes, I am a dinosaur. I don't like new changes every day. I don't like opening my mail box and being subjected to loud music, "contact" requests, and offers of chat. I much prefer to know where my buttons are for reading my email, where to sign in, and where to sign out. I like to be on auto-pilot when I read my email, on not have to be on guard.

                              Yes, I admit it: I hate email. The sooner I can get it over with the better. I don't want all thsoe bells and whistles and popup and popdown and running cursors all over the place . I just want to read my email in peace and quiet and I want to be able to do it quickly.

                              Sorry for my rant.

                              Message 14 of 25 , Nov 25, 2009
                                I think it's fair enough to think that. Email apps should be flexible enough to be simple for those that want it to be so, and exciting, feature-rich for us change junkies.

                                You'll be pleased to know that this new feature is entirley opt-in. It's an app that loads in a new tab in the new Yahoo Mail. If you use Yahoo Mail classic you wouldn't even know it exists. And if you use the new Yahoo Mail, then you can just minimise the Applications panel in the bottom left, to hide this option, leaving your mailbox entirely unaffected,

                                Hope that's reassuring.

                                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, G Pollara <gpollara@.. .> wrote:

                                > New Y-Maill app this morning: Sobees
                                >
                                > Suddenly, in a new tab, in my mailbox is Facebook + Twitter (+Mysapce if you want). Very functional and useful. Can email others' status updates and tweets straight from inbox, and add relevant events straight into Yahoo Calendar. For Yahoo, this means more time spent on their network courtesy of a useful and well-integrated app.
                                >
                                > Just what we wanted. Keep it coming
                                > Thank you

                              • ottawahitech
                                Message 15 of 25 , Nov 26, 2009

                                  > You'll be pleased to know that this new feature is entirley opt-in. It's an app that loads in a new tab in the new Yahoo Mail. If you use Yahoo Mail classic you wouldn't even know it exists.

                                  Yes, it would have been great if I was given this option, unfortunately my mail box was converted from classic, without ever asking me!
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Nov 26, 2009
                                    In the options menu on the top right you can select to switch back to classic.

                                    Hope that helps

                                    Message 17 of 25 , Nov 27, 2009
                                      Ha ha - well Microsoft and Yahoo will be working more and more together, so it makes sense it uses Silverlight. Or Sobees just happened to use silverlight in the first place, don't know.

                                      Message 18 of 25 , Nov 27, 2009
                                        Well I'd rather see them working on Exchange/ActiveSync for Y! Mail then ;)

                                        Message 19 of 25 , Nov 27, 2009

                                          > In the options menu on the top right you can select to switch back to classic.

                                          Gabriel,thanks for the info. I looked for the option to switch back to classic - but cannot find it in my email box.

                                          BTW it now takes forever to do anything. Everything freezes while the ads load up, sigh.

                                          Another btw, I tried following the instructions given in this ymail Help page:
                                          http://help.yahoo.com/l/au/yahoo7/mail/yahoomail/manage/manage-01.html
                                          but I do not have a "rectangular window in the upper-left corner under Check Mail and Compose?" in my current version of ymail.

                                          I am just wondering how many versions of ymail are out there at the moment? Anyone?
                                        • Goutam Nath
                                          Message 20 of 25 , Nov 27, 2009
                                            Me too.

                                            Well I'd rather see them working on Exchange/ActiveSync for Y! Mail then ;)

                                            > Ha ha - well Microsoft and Yahoo will be working more and more together,
                                            so it makes sense it uses Silverlight. Or Sobees just happened to use
                                            silverlight in the first place, don't know.

                                            > ________________________________

                                          • Kenneth
                                            Message 21 of 25 , Nov 27, 2009
                                              To switch back to the classic mail interface:
                                              • In the upper-right corner, you'll see links labeled Mobile, Options, and Help.
                                              • Click on the down-arrow next to Options.  A pull-down menu will appear.
                                              • Click on Switch to Yahoo! Mail Classic...

                                              Message 22 of 25 , Dec 1, 2009
                                                The 'My Social Networks' application in Mail is currently only available to UK users. Shortly it will be available in more EU countries. If you are unable to see the application in mail, you can switch your preferred content to the 'Yahoo United Kingdom', and the next time you login the application should be listed. You can switch back to your preferred content once you install the application.

                                                To switch:
                                                - Go to https://edit.yahoo.com/config/eval_profile
                                                - login
                                                - Under 'Account Settings' select 'Set language, site...'
                                                - then in the 'New' field select 'Yahoo United Kingdom'
                                                - click ok and 'accept'
                                                - when you log back into mail you should see 'My Social Networks'

                                                It is developed by sobees and they use Silverlight, which is why it is using Silverlight.

                                                Hope that helps.

                                                Andrew

                                                Message 23 of 25 , Dec 18, 2009
                                                  > > You'll be pleased to know that this new feature is entirley opt-in. It's an app that loads in a new tab in the new Yahoo Mail. If you use Yahoo Mail classic you wouldn't even know it exists.
                                                  >
                                                  > Yes, it would have been great if I was given this option,
                                                  > unfortunately my mail box was converted from classic, without ever
                                                  > asking me!

                                                  Since the members of this Group are not representative of the general population at Yahoo, I wanted to mention that I just saw a Message posted in another Group, complaining about the exact same thing I have been compalining about (unwanted chats and updates in ymail) and guess what the OP was advised to do? - remove the complete contact list! Apparently that solves the problem, sigh...
                                                • Cindy Cozad-Rudinger
                                                  Message 24 of 25 , Dec 19, 2009
                                                    Just wondering what you mean by "not representative of the general population at Yahoo"?

                                                    Seems like removing one's complete contact list would be a bad thing!  Cindy

                                                    Obedience is a lifestyle...
                                                    Melanie...Border Collie mix
                                                    Reka...MJR's Eureka!!! RN...Norwegian Elkhound
                                                    Gimli...Vindarne's Lord of the Rings...Norwegian Elkhound

                                                    --- On Sat, 12/19/09, ottawahitech <ottawahitech@...> wrote:
                                                    Since  the members of this Group are not representative of the general population at Yahoo, I wanted to  mention that I just saw a Message posted in another Group, complaining about the exact same thing I have been compalining about  (unwanted chats and updates in ymail) and guess what the OP  was advised to do? - remove the  complete contact list! Apparently that solves the  problem, sigh...

                                                    > > You'll be pleased to know that this new feature is entirley opt-in. It's an app that loads in a new tab in the new Yahoo Mail. If you use Yahoo Mail classic you wouldn't even know it exists.

                                                    > Yes, it would have been great if I was  given this option,
                                                    > unfortunately my  mail box was converted from classic, without ever
                                                    > asking me!

                                                  • Gil
                                                    Message 25 of 25 , Dec 20, 2009

                                                      Hi Cindy,

                                                      I take “not representative of the general population at Yahoo” to mean that those in this group are a little or a lot more savvy about Yahoo and computers than the majority of people. There are some people that I know who just “live with” the changes and problems Yahoo has been having recently. They have no real desire to dig into the workings of Yahoo or Yahoo Mail to customize them to their liking. Even my wife, who knows a fair amount about Yahoo and computers in general, did not have several things working the way she hoped. Things that I knew, possibly coming from this group, other groups, or general websites, allowed me to help her get things running a little more efficiently and personalized.

                                                      And that last statement reaffirms my “take” on the statement - this group (and others) have some very knowledgeable people who are willing to share that knowledge with others. So, from me at least, thank you!

                                                      Gil